Believe it or not, Christmas is just around the corner. When you are setting up a tree in your home, you should keep these tips in mind to ensure you have a safe holiday:
- Purchase a Fresh Tree – Before you purchase a tree, make sure that it is fresh. A tree that is fresh will stay green longer and will be less of a fire hazard. You should shake out any excess needles and look for brown patches on the tree before you purchase it or hang lights on it.
- Cut the Trunk – If the salespeople do not cut the trunk before you purchase it, you should cut one to two inches off the trunk of the tree before you set it up. This ensures that the tree will be able to absorb water properly. Additionally, you should be filling up the stand with water every day to stop it from drying out.
- Keep Your Tree Away from the Fireplace – We know it may be tempting to set up the tree near the fireplace to create that ideal Christmas environment, but you should always keep your tree at least three feet from any heat sources. This also includes and space heaters you may have in your house.
Make sure your Christmas is perfect by hiring the team at Mister Sparky to assist you with the electrical system in your home. Our business is the company to call when you are seeking electrical contractors in Orange Park, FL, as well as Jacksonville and the surrounding areas.
Are you thinking about installing a new fan in your Florida home? Here are three great reasons to hire our specialists to assist you:
- An Electrician is Safe – Installing a fan may seem simple to you, but once you start the process, it may be overwhelming. Instead of worrying about how you are going to complete this project on your own, you can trust a member of our team to come to your location and make the whole process easy.
- An Electrician Will Offer Interesting Opportunities – While installing a fan, an electrician can provide you with options that may not come with a standard fan, such as dimmer switches and new lights. Additionally, they can install brand new switches in rooms that never had switches or fans in the first place.
- An Electrician is Fast and Efficient – When you hire an electrician to install a fan in your home, you can rest assured that they will be in and out as soon as possible. We have installed fans in homes before, so we know what it takes to install a new fan in your home correctly.
Ensure that you can flip on a fan in your home at any time when you count on the Jacksonville electrical contractors at Mister Sparky. Our business can assist you with new fan installations, as well as a wide array of additional electrical services.
As a homeowner, it is crucial that you have specialists come to your location to help you with your problems. We have put together a small list of electrical problems that require the assistance of an electrician:
- Switch and Outlet Sounds – When you flip a switch on an outlet in your home, there should be no sounds that come along with it. If you start to hear humming sounds, as well as popping and buzzing, there may be a problem. It could be something as simple as a loose connection, or it could be as problematic as sparking in the walls of your home.
- Strange Smells from Outlets – Electrical outlets in your home should not smell like anything. The moment you smells smoke or a burning smell is the moment you should be calling a professional to help you. There may be a problem with the wiring that could eventually cause a fire.
- Multiple Broken Outlets – Outlets will break every now and again, but numerous broken outlets may be the sign of a more significant problem. Your outlets could be burned out because of a short circuit issue. An electrician in Orange Park, FL, from our business will be able to tell you the source of the outlet failures.
Keep the electrical system in your home in working order when you hire specialists from the team at Mister Sparky. Our business is dedicated to providing you with high-end electrical repair and installations services in Jacksonville, as well as the surrounding communities.
Whether you realize it or not, the future is here! Home automation is a real part of our world and something you can invest in to improve your home experience. Take a look at some of the benefits of installing home automation features in your home:
- Control the Lighting from Any Location – When you have home automation features integrated into your electrical system, you can control the lights in your home from any location. Did you just hop into bed without turning out the lights in the living room? With just a touch of a button, you can turn the lights out without having to move.
- Improve Safety in Your Home – Not only can you control the lights in your home from any location, but you can also control locks and check on video to see if anyone has broken into your home. If someone does break into your home, you can access speakers to let them know that the cops are on the way and they are caught on video.
- Lower Your Energy Bills – You can control everything that is part of your electrical system with home automation, including lights, electrical outlets, and your thermostat. Home automation tools can help you monitor your electrical usage and save money on your JEA bill.
Keep your electrical system in working order with help from the specialists at Mister Sparky. Whether you need an electrican in Jacksonville or are seeking assistance from electrical contractors in Orange Park, FL, you can rest assured that our team will be able to help you.
Light switches are built to last. Many switches will last for decades. Sooner or later, they will start to fail. Here are some of the signs that you need to replace your light switches:
- Hot Switches – Have you noticed that your light switch or panel is feeling hot to the touch? There may be a problem with your switch. It is normal for the switch to be a little warm, but if it is hot to the touch, then this is the sign of a severe electrical problem and could cause a fire.
- Electricity Delay – When you turn on the switch, pay attention to the lights. If you notice that there is a delay between the moment that you flip the lights on and the light turning on, then the electrical contacts in the panel are no longer working properly. You should replace the switch soon, as it will eventually stop working.
- Strange Sounds – An unusual sound, such as popping, hissing, or crackling, is a sign that live electricity is arching within the switch. This is a big deal and can cause a fire if not handled properly. Call an electrician to help you right away when you notice these sounds.
The team at Mister Sparky is ready to help you with your home. You can hire an electrician in Orange Park, FL, from our business to come to your location and help you with light switches, electrical outlets, and other electrical issues in your home. Contact us today and see why people all over the area love working with the team at our business.
Have you had a problem with flickering lights in your home? Take a look at some of the issues that may be the source of your difficulties:
- Lightbulb Problems – If you notice the lights flickering in your home, you should take a look at the lightbulb. It is possible that the bulb is not screwed in all the way. Additionally, the light bulb may be burning out or faulty. Try replacing the bulb. If it works just fine, then that was your problem.
- Power Surges – A power surge in your home is one of the many reasons your light may be flickering. Do you notice that lights flicker every time the AC unit kicks on? If the answer is yes, then this is an everyday surge and not a safety concern. You want to be concerned with the light having problems when no additional appliances start.
- Wiring – The wiring in your home may also be the source of the problem. If it is happening on an overhead light, then it is likely that one of the wires is loose or damaged. In these cases, you will have to contact a professional to assist you with your issue.
Make sure that all of your lighting and the rest of your electrical system are working correctly when you work with the team at Mister Sparky. We offer a wide variety of services, helping you when you need repair services or an electrical inspection in Jacksonville.
Are you dealing with electrical problems in your home? Here are a few emergency issues where calling a specialist to assist you is vital:
- Power Randomly Cutting Out – Have you noticed that the power in your home seems to drop out frequently at random points in the day? If your lights are cutting out when you turn on the microwave or you are dealing with frequent circuit breaker problems, this may be a sign that the wiring in your system no longer works correctly. Additionally, there may be a problem with your electrical panel.
- Rust or Moisture – The moment you notice rust or moisture around your circuit panel or any other part of your electrical system is the moment you should be calling an electrician to help you. Moisture and rust is a significant safety hazard and may lead to fires or someone getting shocked in your home.
- Sparking Outlets – Sparks coming out of your outlet is a huge deal. A stray spark can fly out and start a fire in your home. You should turn off the circuit and contact a specialist to help you. The sparking can be caused by a wide array of issues, such as water damage, home repairs, or too much heat buildup.
Contact the Jacksonville electrical contractors at Mister Sparky for more information about our emergency services. We are ready to make your home safe.
When you are dealing with an electrical emergency, the last thing you need is someone on the phone telling you that a specialist will not be able to make it out to your location until tomorrow. Instead of waiting around with no electricity, you can contact the dedicated team at Mister Sparky to help you. Whether you live in Jax Beach or are out in Orange Park, our electricians are available to provide you with 24/7 emergency same-day services.
Our business owners are based in Jacksonville and always looking out for your needs. We know that there are many other electricians out there who do not have the skills or workforce to handle your problems, so our business always makes sure that we have plenty of skilled specialists available to help you with your problem. We use state-of-the-art equipment and are up to date on the latest electrical updates to ensure that we can take care of your problem in a fast and efficient manner.
It does not matter if you are dealing with a small emergency or need help with more significant repairs, we are happy to send out one of our electrical contractors in Orange Park, FL, as well as the surrounding areas. You can call us today at (904) 802-0579 to request assistance and make an appointment for our services.
Pools and spas are a lot of fun, but they can be shockingly dangerous when you do not pay attention to the details relating to electricity. Here are some electrical safety tips for Florida homeowners:
- Electrical Device and Outlet Location – It is essential that all devices and outlets are located at least six feet away from the walls of your pool or spa. These outlets should also be GFCI-protected and covered when not in use to ensure that no one accidentally shocks themselves.
- Bringing Devices Near the Pool – It does not matter how confident you are with an electrical device, if it is plugged in, you should never bring it near the pool. This means your stereo systems, Bluetooth speakers, and other electrical items you may use while outdoors is kept near the house. Additionally, you should not bring your cell phone near the pool. You may break it!
- Be Mindful of Powerlines – Are you putting in a new pool or spa? It is vital that you do not install it near power lines. In fact, you should ensure that all power lines are at least 25 feet away from the pool. Furthermore, keep any long power tools away from the power lines at all times.
Install new outdoor outlets or receive assistance with specialty wiring when you hire electrical contractors in Orange Park, FL, from Mister Sparky. We are happy to come and help you update your property for the summer!
When the power goes out during a storm, it is crucial that you are prepared for the lights to be out for the long haul. Here are some tips to keep in mind if your power goes out:
- Have a Plan – Everyone who went through Hurricane Irma knows that it is important that you have a backup plan because your electricity may be out for many days. Contact family and friends outside of the area and see if you can stay with them. If not, make sure you invest in candles, flashlights, or gas lamps so you can keep the lights on.
- Unplug Your Electronics – When your power comes back on, there will be a power surge that could cause damage to your expensive electronics. Unplug computers, televisions, and game consoles, as well as turn off your AC to ensure that everything will work when the power comes back on.
- Eat Your Refrigerated Food First – If you know the power will be out for a while, you may want to consider eating any food in the refrigerator before it goes bad. You should eat dairy items first and go for anything in the freezer if the power has not come back on yet.
Count on the Jacksonville electrical contractors at Mister Sparky when you need assistance with your electrical system. If the power is back on and you are having problems with your system, you can count on our specialists to help you get everything working properly again.