Your bedroom is the place where you rest, so you should do everything you can to make it comfortable. With just a few extra electrical outlets, you can make definite improvements. Here are some reasons why you should invest in new outlets:
- Have a Place to Charge Your Phone – Do you have a good place near your bed to charge your phone? If you are the type of person who likes to flick through social media before going to bed, you should consider investing in a new outlet that features USB outlets. You can put this outlet in any convenient location, including near your nightstand or behind your bed.
- Update Your Older Outlets – If you have old two-prong outlets in your bedroom, you need to make the upgrade as soon as possible. These older outlets can be a fire hazard. You should upgrade any two-prong outlets, as well as make sure that all other outlets are updated while you are at it.
- Build a Bedroom Entertainment Center – Lying down in your bed and enjoying a movie or your favorite TV show is an unparalleled experience. If you do not have enough power outlets to run a TV and a streaming device or Blu-ray player, you can have our team help you.
Count on the team at Mister Sparky when you need electrical repairs and updates in the Jacksonville area. Whether you need a Ponte Vedra electrician or are seeking assistance in Orange Park, our talented crew is here to help you.
Having a new baby is a joyous occasion, but there are many things you must do in your home before your baby comes! You have plenty of things to do, so it is a wise idea to hire an electrician to help you prepare before your child is born. Here are some things an electrician can do:
- Spot Problem Areas – An electrician can do an assessment of your home to see where you may have problem areas. Your electrician can handle issues like damaged electrical outlets, excessive use of extension cords, and outlets that are just out of date.
- Update Your Child’s Room – It is essential that your child’s room be ready for the day they come home. You do not want to be doing a bunch of work on it while they are in their first few weeks. Our electricians can add new outlets, install recessed lighting, and put in new ceiling fans.
- Hide Electrical Cords – Do you have electrical cords all over your living room? An electrician can assist you with these issues. We can help you with cord covers to prevent your child from pulling them out and hurting themselves.
Call the team at Mister Sparky when you need an electrician! When you need an electrician in Orange Park, FL, as well as Jacksonville and the surrounding communities, we are ready to assist you.
Building a home theater is a dream that many of us have. These days, it is relatively simple to do everything by yourself, but sometimes you need a little extra help to ensure your theater looks perfect. The team at Mister Sparky can help you in a variety of ways:
- More Outlets – One issue you may run into when setting up a home theater is there are not enough electrical outlets in your room for everything. You need power for your TV, Blu-ray player, sound system, and any other peripherals that may make your system perfect. We are available for new outlet installations.
- Updated Wiring – You need to make sure that your electrical system can handle the electrical load of your new home theater. Our team is available to test your system to see if it can handle everything. If you live in an older home, we can check your wiring and make necessary updates.
- Hide Your Cords – A common complaint that people who build their own home theaters is they have trouble hiding all the wires coming from the many components used to build the system. We can help you protect your cords so you will not have to worry about tripping over a cord in the dark.
Count on the team at Mister Sparky when you need the assistance of talented electrical contractors in Jacksonville, FL. We are ready to help you build your perfect home theater.
The warm days are slowly starting to inch their way back into our lives as this cold winter comes to an end, so you may find yourself turning on your overhead fan to see that it is not working as it did before winter. The team at Mister Sparky in Jacksonville, FL, has put together a list of some common issues you may face:
- Stuck on One Speed – When your fan is stuck on one speed, the most common reason is that a capacitor has blown. When it burns out, the fan will be stuck at low speed. If it is stuck on high speed, then it is very likely that the pull cord is no longer properly connected.
- Wobbly and Noisy – A noisy fan that wobbles can cause much stress, so it is vital that you take care of this issue as soon as possible. Check for loose screws and connections around the fan, making sure that the fan blades are correctly attached and balanced.
- Stopped Working – A fan that will not run is either a straightforward repair or a sign that you need to have it replaced. If you have made sure that the fan is receiving power, the switch is working correctly, and that the wiring within the housing is not loose, then you may need to replace it.
Count on the team at Mister Sparky to provide you with ceiling fan services. When you hire an electrician in Orange Park, FL, from our business, we will assist you with troubleshooting, install new fans, and perform a wide array of additional services.
Electrical outlets may spark from time to time. Many times, you will notice a small blue spark that will come and go quickly – this is normal, but there are some bad sparks. If you see long sparks, big sparks that leap out of the sockets, or sparks that are followed by the smell of smoke, you might be having one of the following issues:
- Old Outlets – Outlets do not last forever. Standard use will cause the contact points in your outlets to wear out. In extreme cases of wear, significant electrical arcing can occur. It is essential that you be mindful of this potential issue if you have moved into an older home.
- Short Circuit Issues – When an outlet’s hot wire comes in contact with the neutral or ground wire, a short circuit can occur. The outlet will start to draw in an excessive current, which will cause sparking and heat, eventually causing a fire.
- Moisture – Sparking may be related to a moisture issue. If you happened to splash some water on the outlet, it should be dried out before you use it again. On the other hand, there could be a leak in your wall that may be a sign of more significant problems.
When you are having problems with your outlets, you can contact our electrical contractors in Jacksonville, FL. The team at Mister Sparky provides repair services, as well as new outlet installations.
Upgrading and updating your home is a great way to start the year. You should contact the experts at Mister Sparky before you attempt any of the following projects:
- Light Fixtures – Installing new light fixtures in your home is not a difficult project, but many people start to lose track of the wiring once they get the old light removed. Instead of dealing with it all by yourself, one of our experts can quickly assist you and make recommendations to improve your lighting.
- Ceiling Fans – Get the air moving in your home with a new ceiling fan. Our team work with a variety of ceiling fans, including stack-motor fans that are energy efficient, direct-drive fans that are affordable for people on a budget, and cast-iron fans for people who want a vintage look in their home.
- Electrical Panel Updates – If you are doing any upgrades that involve the electrical panel, it is vital that you contact a specialist before getting started. We can guarantee that the update is performed safely and efficiently.
When you need assistance with any electrical installations or upgrades in the home, you can rest assured that our electrical contractors in Jacksonville, FL, are ready to assist you. Contact us today when you need help in Jacksonville, Orange Park, Ponte Vedra, and the surrounding communities.
The electrical panel is an integral part of your home. Without it, you would not be able to efficiently and safely use electricity in your home. Whether you have purchased a new property or are just in need of a new upgrade, here are three important reasons to upgrade your panel:
- Your Panel is Old – If you have been living in your home for many years, it is likely you have not even considered how your electrical panel is working. There are a variety of panels that are no longer used from the 50s, 60s, and 70s that are no longer safe to use, including FPE and Zinsco panels.
- Your Panel is Damaged – Burn marks, scorches, and corrosion problems are significant signs that you should get your panel replaced as soon as possible. Even if this damage happened in the past and has not been causing issues now, it is essential that you take care of it before your system fails.
- Your Panel is Acting Odd – When you notice heat coming from your panel, as well as humming or fizzing sounds, you should call an electrician as soon as possible. They can tell you what is wrong with your system and install a replacement panel immediately.
You can come to us when you are seeking an electrician in Orange Park, FL, as well as areas throughout Jacksonville. Our team will assist you with a panel, in addition to any wiring issues.
As the year comes to an end, you should make sure that the electrical system in your home is working properly. Here are a handful of things you can do to check the functionality of your electrical system this season:
- Upgrade Your Light Bulbs – As the seasons change and it starts getting dark earlier, you will be relying on lamps and overhead lights to see in your home. This is an excellent time of the year to make sure that all of your light bulbs have been updated to energy-efficient LED bulbs. Using these bulbs will help lower your electric bill.
- Check Out Your Fire Detector – We know that things get a bit busy around this time of the year, but you should be testing your fire detectors at least once a month to make sure they are working properly. Take a few moments to make sure your detectors are working efficiently and replace any batteries if necessary.
- Make Sure Your Circuit Breaker is Working Efficiently – When was the last time you tested your circuit breaker? If it has been a while, you should consider turning it on and off. By doing this, you will stop it from becoming stuck and causing problems in the future.
Make sure the electrical system in your home is working correctly with help from Mister Sparky. Our Jacksonville electrical contractors can help you with upgrades around the house, such as installing new outlets and updating your wiring.
Electrical fires are a real hazard and something you should be prepared to address. We have put together a list of some of the reasons why electrical fires start in the home:
- Old Electronics – It does not matter how dependable you think an appliance may be, it will eventually wear out. Be mindful of older stove ranges and space heaters, as these appliances typically become a fire hazard. You should also be aware of the manufacturer’s recommended years of usage.
- Tripped Circuits – Overloaded circuits are a big problem and many people do not pay attention to the warning signs that come with this problem. When you have circuits that frequently trip, you should contact your local electricians to have them inspect your current system. Taking care of this now can prevent fires in the future.
- Overloaded Extension Cords – When you use too many extension cords around the house, you are setting yourself up for fire. Extension cords should only be used when necessary and never as a permanent solution. If you do not have enough outlets in your home, an electrician can install new outlets.
You can count on the team at Mister Sparky to help you when you need an electrician in Orange Park, FL, as well as Jacksonville and Ponte Vedra. We provide a variety of services, including wiring, ceiling fan installations, and lighting assistance.
Christmas time is right around the corner, which means it is time to start hanging your Christmas lights. Before you start decorating this year, consider the following tips:
- Upgrade Your Lights – When was the last time you invested in new lights for your home? Before you hang lights on your home, take a look at the selections you have and consider making an upgrade. We also recommend getting rid of broken light strings or any lights that you have been using longer than a decade.
- Use Proper Extension Cords – While getting your lighting together, you should take a look at the extension cords you have on hand. You should always make sure you are using outdoor cords only. If you are not sure about your extension cords, you can find new ones at your area hardware store.
- Work with a Friend or Family Member – Christmas is about spending time with the people you love, so why not decorate the exterior of your home with their help? Not only will you be making memories, but you will also have someone there with you to hold the ladder and help with things you may have dropped.
Keeping the power running in your home starts when you count on the team at Mister Sparky. Contact us today to learn more about our team. A Jacksonville or Ponte Vedra electrician from our business is standing by to help you with your electrical needs.