Finding someone to provide you with dependable electrical inspection services starts with a call to Mister Sparky. Our team checks for a wide array of issues, including the following:
Exterior Lighting and Outlets – You know that things can get pretty wet in Jacksonville, so it’s important to check out all of the outdoor lighting and outlets to make sure that they are in working order. If the lights are flickering often or the outlets are warm, you may have some big problems that should be taken care of as soon as possible.
Wiring – Making sure that the wiring in your home is up to date is vital. It doesn’t matter if your home was built before the 1950s or you are just doing an update to your property, we need to check for old wiring that may create safety hazards for you and your family.
Electrical Panels – Did you know that you’re not supposed to use certain electrical panels in your home anymore? It’s true. A good electrician doing an inspection on your home will make sure that your panel is up to date, as well as check to see if the panel is made to sufficiently power your entire home.
When you hire the Jacksonville electrical contractors from Mister Sparky to work on your home, you can rest assured that you are hiring talented and experienced electricians who only use advanced tools and proven methods to inspect your property. Contact us to learn more about our services today!
Whether there is a blackout or you are having a problem with your home wiring, it is vital that you prepare for power loss. Here are some tips to help you prep:
Keep Lighting and Batteries on Hand – Do you know where the flashlights are located in your home? How about all of your batteries? Instead of scrambling around in the dark, you should have a handful of emergency flashlights and spare batteries on hand in one place so you can find them at a moment’s notice. You should avoid candles, as they are a fire hazard.
Invest in Non-Perishable Food and Water – Hurricane season is in full swing, which means you should be ready for the electricity to go out at any moment. Keeping cans of non-perishable food and at least one gallon of water on hand is a smart move.
Invest in a Generator – Having a generator on hand before the storm season starts is an excellent investment. You can select a small generator that will power a handful of small electronics or you can select full house generator and have the team at Mister Sparky install it!
Sitting in a house with not power during the summer is a deal breaker. You can count on a Jacksonville and Ponte Vedra electrician at Mister Sparky to come to your home and provide you with a wide array of general electrical services, including wiring, generator installations, and surge protection assistance.
Extension cords are handy and helpful. With them, you can plug in all of your appliances and complete a job on the lawn with ease. Here are some handy safety tips to follow when using extension cords:
- Use a Short Cord – When you use an extension cord, you want to make sure that you are using the shortest possible cord for the job. If a cord is too long, the delivered voltage is lowered. Lowered voltage means that your appliances will not receive the power needed to run safely and efficiently.
- Don’t Use One Cord for Multiple Electronics – Are you plugging in numerous appliances and electronics into one cord? You should stop immediately! Having too many items plugged in can damage both the cord and the items that are plugged in.
- Use Cords the Right Way – If you have to use cords the wrong way, you are putting yourself and your family at risk. This means you should avoid things like cutting off that third prong to fit the cord into a two-slot plug, using a cord as a permanent replacement for an extension cord, or running an extension cord through the ceiling, floor, or walls.
The team at Mister Sparky is here to assist you with your electrical needs. We can install new electrical outlets in your home, and help you with lighting, wiring, and ceiling fans. Call us at (904) 802-0579 to have a Jacksonville or Ponte Vedra electrician come to your home.
It’s important to have the best homeowner’s insurance to protect your investment and family. There are many issues that insurance companies take into account when writing a policy for your home. One of the things they look at is the home’s electrical system – specifically the electrical panel. This panel is the control center of your home’s electrical system and there are certain panels that insurance companies just won’t cover.
Federal Pacific Electrical Company panels are one of the biggest offenders. These panels were one of the most commonly used panels in US homes throughout the 1950s and into the 1980s, but eventually electricians and home inspectors discovered that these panels did not provide the proper protection. With just one short circuit or overcurrent, FPE panels will start to overheat and can quickly become a serious fire hazard.
Zinsco panels have also been shown to cause similar problems. Like FPE panels, Zinsco panels were once commonly used; however, as the electrical needs of today’s homeowners increased, these panels were no longer able to handle the heavy load.
If you’ve got either of these once status quo panels in your home, upgrading to a current panel as soon as possible is crucial to your safety and our team of Jacksonville electrical contractors is ready to help you make the switch.
Whether you are buying a new home or just getting a new insurance policy, it’s always important to make sure that your electrical panel is up to date. Contact us today to learn more about upgrading your panel.
Making your home look unique and sophisticated is simple when you add recessed lighting. Take a look at these advantages and consider making an upgrade:
- Creates Space – When you use recessed lighting, you create the illusion of having more space in your home. Recessed lighting gives off a subtle glow, which helps blur the edges of the room to make it appear larger than it actually is. This is a good tip for people who want to make a smaller room look bigger but don’t have money or space for an actual expansion.
- Highlights Design Elements – Do you have a book collection you want to highlight or a beautiful work of art that you want everyone to notice the moment they step into the room? You can use recessed lighting to cast light on these or any other décor in your home.
- Upgrade Your Home – Whether you are trying to sell your property or just giving your home a makeover, recessed lighting can help make your home look new! These lights will add new character to your home that you wouldn’t see with standard lighting hanging down from the ceiling.
The professionals at Mister Sparky are standing by to assist you with custom recessed lighting installations in your home. Call us today at (904) 802-0579 to hire a Jacksonville or Ponte Vedra electrician!
Anyone who has purchased a home can tell you that the inspection and appraisal portion can be one of the trickier aspects of the overall process. When you are in the market for a home and are concerned about the electrical system, you may want to consider hiring an electrician to provide you with a focused inspection of the electrical system, including the wiring and panel.
The major difference between a general home inspector and an electrical inspector is that most general inspectors only know a little bit about a lot of different areas, while an electrician specializes in knowing exactly how a home should be wired. If you are getting a mortgage, you’ll certainly need a general home inspection, but if you have any electrical system concerns, you’ll want to make sure you hire an electrician to assist you with any issues that the seller may need to address before the sale. An electrician will be able to properly access your electrical panel, tell you if the outlets should be replaced, and search for safety hazards like grounding problems or water leaking into service parts.
The electrical contractors in Jacksonville, FL, at Mister Sparky uses advanced tools and proven methods to make sure that everything in your home is working properly. From installing new outlets to full wiring services, our team is ready to make your property perfect!
You and your family can avoid the inconvenience of a power outage when you invest in a new automatic power generator. When you have a generator installed in your home, you’ll be able to:
- Keep Your Refrigerator Running – Have you ever had to lose an entire refrigerator of food due to a power outage? You won’t have to worry about it when you have a generator. Having a generator is particularly helpful if you like to go bulk shopping and have a large freezer filled with perishables.
- Continue with Your Activities – Just because the power is out, you shouldn’t have to lose access to your electrical items. You can continue cooking dinner, watch TV, and stay on your computer without skipping a beat.
- Stay Home – Having to pick up your entire family and head to some other location is a real pain. When you have a generator, you can continue to stay in your home as long as you can keep the generator running. Stop worrying about relocating after a big storm and stay comfy and cozy in your home.
The Mister Sparky staff offers exceptional assistance to anyone looking for a generator service in Jacksonville, FL. From installations to repairs, our team has you covered.
Doing work on your own home is very satisfactory, but some tasks are best left to the experts. Electrical repairs are definitely on that list of tasks. When you hire an electrician, you can avoid the following problems:
- Electrocution – Many of us have experienced a small electrical shock. It’s not pleasant. When you hire an electrician, you can avoid the risks of getting a small or large shock that could come with working on your own home. Electrical shocks can cause a wide array of problems, including seizures and heart attacks, as well as death.
- Fires – If you don’t properly install your electrical items, you run the risk of causing a fire. A fire can destroy your property and – even worse – harm your family members. Have the peace of mind you need to sleep at night by hiring an electrician.
- Making the Problem Worse – Many people who try their hand at electrical repairs end up making the problem worse. You’ll have to hire an electrician anyway, so why not avoid the costly repairs and call in a professional from the start.
Save money and more when you hire an electrician from Mister Sparky. Whether you are seeking a Ponte Vedra electrician or dependable assistance west of the Intracoastal Waterway, our business is here to help you!
Have you just moved into a new home? Perhaps you’ve been in your house for years and you’re just beginning to experience electrical problems that have developed over time. Whatever the case may be, you might find yourself facing some of the most commonly encountered electrical issues. These may include:
- Dead Outlets – Many homeowners have problems with dead outlets. This problem can be caused by a variety of issues, such as a poor connection or a tripped breaker. You should be concerned if there is excessive heat buildup, as it could cause the outlet to melt.
- High Electric Bills – If your electric bill has spiked recently, an electrical problem may be the cause. You should take a look at all the appliances in your home to make sure they are all properly hooked up and working correctly. Some simple troubleshooting could take care of the problem, but it could also be the sign of a bigger issue.
- Shorting Appliances – Standard electronics like hairdryers and microwaves have been known to cause shorts in many homes. When you are having this problem, the simplest way to take care of the issue is to reset the breaker. If this is happening with multiple appliances, it may indicate a short in the wiring.
When you are facing any of these problems, you can rely on Mister Sparky for dependable service. From helping people in the Arlington area to working hard as a Ponte Vedra electrician, our crew is prepared to take care of all of your electrical issues.
Times are changing and electrical systems are no exception. You’ve probably noticed that a wide array of electrical items – cellphones, computers, and more – are being powered using USB outlets instead of the standard electrical outlets. Did you know that you can install USB outlets in your own home? Make room for more charging abilities with an electrical outlet!
The beautiful thing about installing these outlets is you won’t have to worry about using bulky chargers or spending money on power strips anymore. You can install them next to your bed so you can charge your phone at night or put one next to your couch so you won’t have to use your tablet in an unusual, inconvenient area. You can purchase these outlets in a wide array of shapes and sizes, with most selections ranging in price from $12 to $25. They are very easy to install with features that include built-in surge protection and special outlet combinations. If you are moving, you can install these outlets in your home to add extra incentives for prospective buyers.
If you don’t feel confident installing your own outlet, the team at Mister Sparky can help! Our electrical contractors in Jacksonville, FL, are prepared to assist you with any electrical project, big or small.