Hurricane season has returned and it is time to prepare for any emergency. Here are a few handy tips for any homeowner:
- Remember to Grab Batteries – Hurricane season has just begun, so you should start grabbing batteries today. Keep an eye out for BOGO deals at your local grocery and drug stores, as well as at new IKEA – they have cheap packs of batteries at a price that will not break the bank.
- Unplug Valuable Appliances – When the power goes out, you should unplug your valuable electronics and appliances. The return of electricity could cause a surge that may damage these items. Furthermore, ensure that your AC unit is off. You do not want to discover that your AC no longer works because a power surge fried the outside unit.
- Prepare for Flooding – Do you frequently have problems with flooding during hurricanes? You should make sure you are prepared now before the issue becomes a problem. Unplug anything that may be affected by water and switch off your main power before the flooding gets bad to ensure it does not come back on while it is still wet.
You can trust the electrical contractors in Jacksonville, FL, at Mister Sparky when you need assistance preparing for hurricanes or taking care of electrical issues in your home.
There are many upgrades you should be making on your home. You may not think it is necessary, but investing in outdoor electrical outlets for your older home is a wise investment. With new outlets, you will be able to get lawn work done outdoors, as well as enjoy your backyard without having to worry about investing in a ton of extension cords.
Many older homes in Jacksonville and the surrounding areas do not have an electrical outlet installed on the exterior. This may have made sense in the 1940s when outlets were not as dependable, but many of today’s modern lawn care devices require an outlet to run. When you hire a professional electrician to install outlets, it is essential to know that they will have to cut into the exterior of your home to make the installation. Before they arrive, take a look at your exterior so you can let them know where the outlets will work best for your needs. The electrician will be installing special outdoor outlets that feature a ground fault circuit interrupter, as well as watertight covers to protect the outlet from dirt, rain, and other debris.
Count on the electrical contractors in Jacksonville, FL, at Mister Sparky to help you with your electrical outlet needs. Our team is ready to help you with outlet installations, as well as a wide array of additional electrical installation and repair services.
Building a home theater is a dream that many of us have. These days, it is relatively simple to do everything by yourself, but sometimes you need a little extra help to ensure your theater looks perfect. The team at Mister Sparky can help you in a variety of ways:
- More Outlets – One issue you may run into when setting up a home theater is there are not enough electrical outlets in your room for everything. You need power for your TV, Blu-ray player, sound system, and any other peripherals that may make your system perfect. We are available for new outlet installations.
- Updated Wiring – You need to make sure that your electrical system can handle the electrical load of your new home theater. Our team is available to test your system to see if it can handle everything. If you live in an older home, we can check your wiring and make necessary updates.
- Hide Your Cords – A common complaint that people who build their own home theaters is they have trouble hiding all the wires coming from the many components used to build the system. We can help you protect your cords so you will not have to worry about tripping over a cord in the dark.
Count on the team at Mister Sparky when you need the assistance of talented electrical contractors in Jacksonville, FL. We are ready to help you build your perfect home theater.
Upgrading and updating your home is a great way to start the year. You should contact the experts at Mister Sparky before you attempt any of the following projects:
- Light Fixtures – Installing new light fixtures in your home is not a difficult project, but many people start to lose track of the wiring once they get the old light removed. Instead of dealing with it all by yourself, one of our experts can quickly assist you and make recommendations to improve your lighting.
- Ceiling Fans – Get the air moving in your home with a new ceiling fan. Our team work with a variety of ceiling fans, including stack-motor fans that are energy efficient, direct-drive fans that are affordable for people on a budget, and cast-iron fans for people who want a vintage look in their home.
- Electrical Panel Updates – If you are doing any upgrades that involve the electrical panel, it is vital that you contact a specialist before getting started. We can guarantee that the update is performed safely and efficiently.
When you need assistance with any electrical installations or upgrades in the home, you can rest assured that our electrical contractors in Jacksonville, FL, are ready to assist you. Contact us today when you need help in Jacksonville, Orange Park, Ponte Vedra, and the surrounding communities.
Anyone who has purchased a home can tell you that the inspection and appraisal portion can be one of the trickier aspects of the overall process. When you are in the market for a home and are concerned about the electrical system, you may want to consider hiring an electrician to provide you with a focused inspection of the electrical system, including the wiring and panel.
The major difference between a general home inspector and an electrical inspector is that most general inspectors only know a little bit about a lot of different areas, while an electrician specializes in knowing exactly how a home should be wired. If you are getting a mortgage, you’ll certainly need a general home inspection, but if you have any electrical system concerns, you’ll want to make sure you hire an electrician to assist you with any issues that the seller may need to address before the sale. An electrician will be able to properly access your electrical panel, tell you if the outlets should be replaced, and search for safety hazards like grounding problems or water leaking into service parts.
The electrical contractors in Jacksonville, FL, at Mister Sparky uses advanced tools and proven methods to make sure that everything in your home is working properly. From installing new outlets to full wiring services, our team is ready to make your property perfect!
Times are changing and electrical systems are no exception. You’ve probably noticed that a wide array of electrical items – cellphones, computers, and more – are being powered using USB outlets instead of the standard electrical outlets. Did you know that you can install USB outlets in your own home? Make room for more charging abilities with an electrical outlet!
The beautiful thing about installing these outlets is you won’t have to worry about using bulky chargers or spending money on power strips anymore. You can install them next to your bed so you can charge your phone at night or put one next to your couch so you won’t have to use your tablet in an unusual, inconvenient area. You can purchase these outlets in a wide array of shapes and sizes, with most selections ranging in price from $12 to $25. They are very easy to install with features that include built-in surge protection and special outlet combinations. If you are moving, you can install these outlets in your home to add extra incentives for prospective buyers.
If you don’t feel confident installing your own outlet, the team at Mister Sparky can help! Our electrical contractors in Jacksonville, FL, are prepared to assist you with any electrical project, big or small.
The Christmas season is here and that means it’s time to pull out those Christmas lights! Whether you are covering your entire house and lawn with lights or are just trying to put up a few lights around your roof and windows, it’s important to stay safe! We have put together a few tips to help you stay safe while you put up your lights:
Check Your Old Lights – If you are taking older Christmas lights out of storage, then you need to check each strand to make sure that it doesn’t have any frayed ends, broken bulbs, or loose wires that could cause problems later.
Use the Right Lights – It’s vital that you only use outdoor lighting outside and indoor lighting inside. The outdoor lights are weather resistant and the indoor lights will not work in the rain.
Consider Your Locations – If you have to ask yourself if it is safe to hang the lights in a certain area, chances are it is not. Check to see if the lighting is in a spot where it will hang properly all season long.
Pack Everything Away Carefully – After the Christmas season has ended, make sure that you pack your lighting away to avoid damage and tangles. This means that you should take down your lights carefully and properly wrap each strand to avoid damage.
Invest in your home today when you work with electrical contractors in Jacksonville, FL. The team at Mister Sparky is ready to help you with a variety of electrical issues, such as inspections, lighting installations, panel problems, and code compliance. Call us at (904) 802-0579 when you are looking for a dependable and respectful electrician!
Finding dependable electrical inspectors in the area is simple when you rely on the Mister Sparky team. Our staff of dedicated specialists has the talent and know-how to properly discover any issues related to your electrical system. Take a look at some of these common problems:
- Outlet Issues – One of the most common issues found in an electrical inspection is that there are outlets that are damaged or not working properly. This issue is easy to fix.
- Panel Upgrades – This problem is commonly found in older homes. Homes need more power than they used to, so making this upgrade as soon as possible can help you avoid issues down the line.
- Wiring Problems – Whether the wires have just been worn through time or there is a larger issue, we can inspect homes to see if there are any dangerous wiring problems that could also be a problem in the future.
Whether you are purchasing a new home or seeking someone to inspect your business, the team at Mister Sparky is here for you. In addition to calling us for an electrical inspection in Jacksonville, we also offer ceiling fan installations, generator assistance, and surge protection services. Contact us today at (904) 802-0579 for additional info about our services.
If you have a kid at home, then you know that they get themselves into all kinds of trouble. Whether you have a small one or your children are a bit older, it’s important to make sure that your children understand the dangers of electricity. Here are a few tips to make sure they are safe at all times:
- Don’t Stick Your Fingers in Electrical Sockets – Kids are curious and will stick their fingers in any electrical socket. Make sure you tell them why it’s wrong and always used socket covers.
- Don’t Put Cords in Mouths – No matter how tempting it looks to them, chewing on electrical cords can hurt your little ones. Make sure you find any loose cords and put them away.
- Don’t Use Cords in Water – This is one of those simple logical things that your older kids should know and understand. Make sure you keep unnecessary electrical items out of the bathroom at all times.
Don’t wait until a problem occurs; make sure that your home is safe for children of all ages. Our team of electrical contractors in Jacksonville, FL, can help you with a variety of electrical issues, including outlet repairs, panel upgrades, and electrical inspections. Contact us today at (904) 802-0579 to have our team provide you with home updates and improvements.
Is the ceiling fan in your home on the fritz? Has it been running all summer long and making weird clicking noises? The team at Mister Sparky is able to assist you. Our electrical contractors in Jacksonville, FL, can help with the following problems:
- Fan Blade Balancing – When you look up at your ceiling fan, do you notice that the whole fan is rocking back and forth? You may have an issue with blade balance. Any unbalance can start pulling the fan from the ceiling, which means it could fall when you least expect it.
- Broken Fan Removal – If your fan has broken down and you have no electrical experience, it’s not a wise idea to remove the fan yourself. Our staff members are available to come to your location and remove the fan, as well as install a new one!
- Remote Control Installations – As a Floridian, you know that controlling the speed of your fan is important. With a remote control, you can control the fan from any location in the room. Our team is able to do remote control installations. With a remote, you won’t have to get out of the bed in the middle of the night to change the fan speed.
Improve the airflow and ambiance in your home today. Contact the Mister Sparky team for more info about fan repairs, upgrades, and installations.