Putting your home on the market can be stressful, as there are many parts of your property you must improve before starting the process. Check out these ways to improve your property value with electrical repairs and investments:
- Invest in Energy-Efficient Lighting – Whether you put in new LED lighting or are interested in selecting new fixtures that include motion sensors, energy-efficient lighting is a great way to increase your home value. By just replacing the lights that are most noticeable by potential buyers, you can improve your property value, as well as save money on your electric bill.
- Update Your Appliances – If you have bought a home, you know the feeling of walking into a house, only to discover that the appliances have not been updated in more than 50 years. You can replace your existing old appliances with new and efficient selections that will impress your potential buyers.
- Take Care of Wiring and Panels – Before you put your home on the market, you should have a professional take a look at the wiring and panels in your home. They can discover potential issues that a buyer may find on the initial inspection and fix it for you so it won’t become a bargaining chip in the closing process.
Make sure that the electrical system in your home is working correctly with help from the crew at Mister Sparky. Whether you need assistance from electrical contractors in Orange Park, FL, or would like a consultation from a professional in Jacksonville, our team is ready to help you improve your property.
2019 is here, so it’s time to start making resolutions. If one of your resolutions is to start saving money, our team can help! We have put together a small list of energy-saving tips for all homeowners:
- Change the Way You Do Laundry – As a homeowner, you know that your washer and dryer consume a large amount of energy. To lower costs in your home, you can start running these appliances at the lowest settings possible unless completely necessary. Additionally, you can stop splitting your loads into colors, darks, and whites.
- Stop Using Your Ice Maker – Your ice maker may be a useful tool in the summer, but you should know that it is one of the most significant power-sucking features. Start making ice in a plastic tray. You can cut the amount of power your refrigerator uses by about 20%.
- Have a Home Inspection – if you suspect that something in your home is making your energy bill ridiculously high, an electrical inspection may find the culprit. Have a specialist come out to your home to check out your wiring, outlets, and other parts of your electrical system.
Are you interested in more ideas? You can count on the team at Mister Sparky to assist you. Our electrical contractors in Orange Park, FL, are happy to help with repairs, updates, and new installations.
Keeping your home safe means making sure that your electrical system is up to date. If you live in a home that was built before the 1960s, it is likely that you still have old two-prong outlets in some of your rooms. While these selections still work just fine, they are not as safe as newer three-prong outlets. Three-prong outlets feature a ground wire that is made to prevent electrical problems.
A ground wire is quite literally a wire that extends into the ground beneath your home. These wires were added to homes to ensure that excess electrical charges have a place to go during lighting strikes, transformer malfunctions, and other overloads. When a ground wire is not there, it can cause fires and damage appliances and other electrical items that are plugged in. Additionally, the electrical charge can go right through to a human who is touching the plug or outlet, which is very dangerous.
Have a specialist from Mister Sparky come out to your home to install a ground wire or make sure that your wire is working efficiently. We feature dedicated electrical contractors in Orange Park, FL, as well as Jacksonville, who will work hard to update and improve your system. For your peace of mind, all of our electricians are always respectful of your property and will arrive at your location in a timely manner.
Believe it or not, Christmas is just around the corner. When you are setting up a tree in your home, you should keep these tips in mind to ensure you have a safe holiday:
- Purchase a Fresh Tree – Before you purchase a tree, make sure that it is fresh. A tree that is fresh will stay green longer and will be less of a fire hazard. You should shake out any excess needles and look for brown patches on the tree before you purchase it or hang lights on it.
- Cut the Trunk – If the salespeople do not cut the trunk before you purchase it, you should cut one to two inches off the trunk of the tree before you set it up. This ensures that the tree will be able to absorb water properly. Additionally, you should be filling up the stand with water every day to stop it from drying out.
- Keep Your Tree Away from the Fireplace – We know it may be tempting to set up the tree near the fireplace to create that ideal Christmas environment, but you should always keep your tree at least three feet from any heat sources. This also includes and space heaters you may have in your house.
Make sure your Christmas is perfect by hiring the team at Mister Sparky to assist you with the electrical system in your home. Our business is the company to call when you are seeking electrical contractors in Orange Park, FL, as well as Jacksonville and the surrounding areas.
Whether you realize it or not, the future is here! Home automation is a real part of our world and something you can invest in to improve your home experience. Take a look at some of the benefits of installing home automation features in your home:
- Control the Lighting from Any Location – When you have home automation features integrated into your electrical system, you can control the lights in your home from any location. Did you just hop into bed without turning out the lights in the living room? With just a touch of a button, you can turn the lights out without having to move.
- Improve Safety in Your Home – Not only can you control the lights in your home from any location, but you can also control locks and check on video to see if anyone has broken into your home. If someone does break into your home, you can access speakers to let them know that the cops are on the way and they are caught on video.
- Lower Your Energy Bills – You can control everything that is part of your electrical system with home automation, including lights, electrical outlets, and your thermostat. Home automation tools can help you monitor your electrical usage and save money on your JEA bill.
Keep your electrical system in working order with help from the specialists at Mister Sparky. Whether you need an electrican in Jacksonville or are seeking assistance from electrical contractors in Orange Park, FL, you can rest assured that our team will be able to help you.
When you are dealing with an electrical emergency, the last thing you need is someone on the phone telling you that a specialist will not be able to make it out to your location until tomorrow. Instead of waiting around with no electricity, you can contact the dedicated team at Mister Sparky to help you. Whether you live in Jax Beach or are out in Orange Park, our electricians are available to provide you with 24/7 emergency same-day services.
Our business owners are based in Jacksonville and always looking out for your needs. We know that there are many other electricians out there who do not have the skills or workforce to handle your problems, so our business always makes sure that we have plenty of skilled specialists available to help you with your problem. We use state-of-the-art equipment and are up to date on the latest electrical updates to ensure that we can take care of your problem in a fast and efficient manner.
It does not matter if you are dealing with a small emergency or need help with more significant repairs, we are happy to send out one of our electrical contractors in Orange Park, FL, as well as the surrounding areas. You can call us today at (904) 802-0579 to request assistance and make an appointment for our services.
Pools and spas are a lot of fun, but they can be shockingly dangerous when you do not pay attention to the details relating to electricity. Here are some electrical safety tips for Florida homeowners:
- Electrical Device and Outlet Location – It is essential that all devices and outlets are located at least six feet away from the walls of your pool or spa. These outlets should also be GFCI-protected and covered when not in use to ensure that no one accidentally shocks themselves.
- Bringing Devices Near the Pool – It does not matter how confident you are with an electrical device, if it is plugged in, you should never bring it near the pool. This means your stereo systems, Bluetooth speakers, and other electrical items you may use while outdoors is kept near the house. Additionally, you should not bring your cell phone near the pool. You may break it!
- Be Mindful of Powerlines – Are you putting in a new pool or spa? It is vital that you do not install it near power lines. In fact, you should ensure that all power lines are at least 25 feet away from the pool. Furthermore, keep any long power tools away from the power lines at all times.
Install new outdoor outlets or receive assistance with specialty wiring when you hire electrical contractors in Orange Park, FL, from Mister Sparky. We are happy to come and help you update your property for the summer!