The New Year is around the corner, which means it is time to start thinking about home upgrades and improvements. Here are a few recommendations from the team at Mister Sparky:
- Update Your Wiring – How long have you been living in your home? If you have been there for a few decades and have not had someone check out the wiring in your home, now is a great time to start. An electrician from our business can do an inspection to see if there are any potential problems.
- Have New Smoke Detectors Installed – You may not think about it, but smoke detectors are incredibly important. There have been many upgrades and updates made to smoke detectors over the last 20 years, so call us today. We will send out an electrician in Orange Park, FL, to your home.
- Expand Your System – Have you noticed that you are running out of electrical outlets in your home? You can have new outlets installed when you work with our team. Not only will we install new outlets, but our specialists will also update any older outlets that do not work correctly.
Call our electricians today at (904) 802-0579 to discuss your project. Our team is known for being responsive and working with you to ensure that your electrical system works properly.
As a homeowner, it is crucial that you have specialists come to your location to help you with your problems. We have put together a small list of electrical problems that require the assistance of an electrician:
- Switch and Outlet Sounds – When you flip a switch on an outlet in your home, there should be no sounds that come along with it. If you start to hear humming sounds, as well as popping and buzzing, there may be a problem. It could be something as simple as a loose connection, or it could be as problematic as sparking in the walls of your home.
- Strange Smells from Outlets – Electrical outlets in your home should not smell like anything. The moment you smells smoke or a burning smell is the moment you should be calling a professional to help you. There may be a problem with the wiring that could eventually cause a fire.
- Multiple Broken Outlets – Outlets will break every now and again, but numerous broken outlets may be the sign of a more significant problem. Your outlets could be burned out because of a short circuit issue. An electrician in Orange Park, FL, from our business will be able to tell you the source of the outlet failures.
Keep the electrical system in your home in working order when you hire specialists from the team at Mister Sparky. Our business is dedicated to providing you with high-end electrical repair and installations services in Jacksonville, as well as the surrounding communities.
Light switches are built to last. Many switches will last for decades. Sooner or later, they will start to fail. Here are some of the signs that you need to replace your light switches:
- Hot Switches – Have you noticed that your light switch or panel is feeling hot to the touch? There may be a problem with your switch. It is normal for the switch to be a little warm, but if it is hot to the touch, then this is the sign of a severe electrical problem and could cause a fire.
- Electricity Delay – When you turn on the switch, pay attention to the lights. If you notice that there is a delay between the moment that you flip the lights on and the light turning on, then the electrical contacts in the panel are no longer working properly. You should replace the switch soon, as it will eventually stop working.
- Strange Sounds – An unusual sound, such as popping, hissing, or crackling, is a sign that live electricity is arching within the switch. This is a big deal and can cause a fire if not handled properly. Call an electrician to help you right away when you notice these sounds.
The team at Mister Sparky is ready to help you with your home. You can hire an electrician in Orange Park, FL, from our business to come to your location and help you with light switches, electrical outlets, and other electrical issues in your home. Contact us today and see why people all over the area love working with the team at our business.
Making home upgrades is a wise move for any homeowner. Electrical upgrades can make your home safer and even increase your property value. Take a look at these excellent recommendations:
- Install New Lighting – When was the last time you added new lighting to your home? If you have been living in your current house for more than a decade, new lighting is a smart investment. Our team is available to provide you with high-end recessed lighting that will look magnificent in your living room or kitchen.
- Update Your Electrical Panel – If you live in an older home and are regularly dealing with flickering lights, you should consider having us install a new electrical panel. There are many panels out there that have been recalled over the years, including Zisco and Federal Pacific panels. If you notice one of these panels in your home, you should make the upgrade as soon as possible.
- Add New Electrical Outlets – Every home could use a few extra electrical outlets. It may seem like an easy thing to do on your own, but an electrician in Orange Park, FL, from our business can come in and perform the additions safely and efficiently.
Call us today at (904) 802-0579 for more information about our services. Our courteous and friendly electricians are proud to service Jacksonville, Orange Park, Ponte Vedra, and other locations throughout the community.
Are you having an issue with a circuit breaker tripping? Here are a few reasons why:
- Defective Appliances – Does your power cut off every time you use an appliance in your home? There may be a problem with the wiring of that specific appliance that is causing problems. You should consider having the appliance looked at by a professional before using it every day.
- Overloaded Circuit – When you use too many electrical appliances on a circuit that cannot draw that much power, you are dealing with an overloaded circuit. Take a look at how many things are plugged in. If you have a lot of different appliances plugged into a power strip, you may need to reconsider what you have plugged in.
- Short Circuit and Ground Fault Issues – When a hot wire crosses a ground or neutral wire, circuits begin to heat. This issue causes your circuit breaker to trip. An electrician should be able to take a look at your system to assist you with this issue.
When you need to hire an electrician in Orange Park, FL, as well as Jacksonville and Ponte Vedra, you can trust the team at Mister Sparky. We are available to assist you with circuit breaker issues, as well as a wide array of other problems.
Having a new baby is a joyous occasion, but there are many things you must do in your home before your baby comes! You have plenty of things to do, so it is a wise idea to hire an electrician to help you prepare before your child is born. Here are some things an electrician can do:
- Spot Problem Areas – An electrician can do an assessment of your home to see where you may have problem areas. Your electrician can handle issues like damaged electrical outlets, excessive use of extension cords, and outlets that are just out of date.
- Update Your Child’s Room – It is essential that your child’s room be ready for the day they come home. You do not want to be doing a bunch of work on it while they are in their first few weeks. Our electricians can add new outlets, install recessed lighting, and put in new ceiling fans.
- Hide Electrical Cords – Do you have electrical cords all over your living room? An electrician can assist you with these issues. We can help you with cord covers to prevent your child from pulling them out and hurting themselves.
Call the team at Mister Sparky when you need an electrician! When you need an electrician in Orange Park, FL, as well as Jacksonville and the surrounding communities, we are ready to assist you.
The warm days are slowly starting to inch their way back into our lives as this cold winter comes to an end, so you may find yourself turning on your overhead fan to see that it is not working as it did before winter. The team at Mister Sparky in Jacksonville, FL, has put together a list of some common issues you may face:
- Stuck on One Speed – When your fan is stuck on one speed, the most common reason is that a capacitor has blown. When it burns out, the fan will be stuck at low speed. If it is stuck on high speed, then it is very likely that the pull cord is no longer properly connected.
- Wobbly and Noisy – A noisy fan that wobbles can cause much stress, so it is vital that you take care of this issue as soon as possible. Check for loose screws and connections around the fan, making sure that the fan blades are correctly attached and balanced.
- Stopped Working – A fan that will not run is either a straightforward repair or a sign that you need to have it replaced. If you have made sure that the fan is receiving power, the switch is working correctly, and that the wiring within the housing is not loose, then you may need to replace it.
Count on the team at Mister Sparky to provide you with ceiling fan services. When you hire an electrician in Orange Park, FL, from our business, we will assist you with troubleshooting, install new fans, and perform a wide array of additional services.
The electrical panel is an integral part of your home. Without it, you would not be able to efficiently and safely use electricity in your home. Whether you have purchased a new property or are just in need of a new upgrade, here are three important reasons to upgrade your panel:
- Your Panel is Old – If you have been living in your home for many years, it is likely you have not even considered how your electrical panel is working. There are a variety of panels that are no longer used from the 50s, 60s, and 70s that are no longer safe to use, including FPE and Zinsco panels.
- Your Panel is Damaged – Burn marks, scorches, and corrosion problems are significant signs that you should get your panel replaced as soon as possible. Even if this damage happened in the past and has not been causing issues now, it is essential that you take care of it before your system fails.
- Your Panel is Acting Odd – When you notice heat coming from your panel, as well as humming or fizzing sounds, you should call an electrician as soon as possible. They can tell you what is wrong with your system and install a replacement panel immediately.
You can come to us when you are seeking an electrician in Orange Park, FL, as well as areas throughout Jacksonville. Our team will assist you with a panel, in addition to any wiring issues.
Electrical fires are a real hazard and something you should be prepared to address. We have put together a list of some of the reasons why electrical fires start in the home:
- Old Electronics – It does not matter how dependable you think an appliance may be, it will eventually wear out. Be mindful of older stove ranges and space heaters, as these appliances typically become a fire hazard. You should also be aware of the manufacturer’s recommended years of usage.
- Tripped Circuits – Overloaded circuits are a big problem and many people do not pay attention to the warning signs that come with this problem. When you have circuits that frequently trip, you should contact your local electricians to have them inspect your current system. Taking care of this now can prevent fires in the future.
- Overloaded Extension Cords – When you use too many extension cords around the house, you are setting yourself up for fire. Extension cords should only be used when necessary and never as a permanent solution. If you do not have enough outlets in your home, an electrician can install new outlets.
You can count on the team at Mister Sparky to help you when you need an electrician in Orange Park, FL, as well as Jacksonville and Ponte Vedra. We provide a variety of services, including wiring, ceiling fan installations, and lighting assistance.
Is there dirt and crud on your electrical outlets or light switches? Here is some advice to help you clean them:
- Turn Off the Power – Whether you are working on a light switch or an electrical socket, it is a wise idea to turn the power off before you start cleaning. If you leave the power on, you run the risk of getting cleaner into the outlet and causing damage to your home electrical system. Furthermore, it is vital that you never clean directly within the outlet.
- Do Not Spray Cleaner Directly on Your Switch or Outlet – When you are using a household cleaner on your switches or outlets, you should never spray your cleaner directly on it. It is too hard to control the spray accurately. Instead, spray your cleaner onto a paper towel and then use that to clean the outlet or switch.
- Let It Dry – Once you have cleaned it, you can dry everything off with a clean paper towel and let it sit for a while to make sure that there is no residue left on your outlet. Once you are confident that it has completely dried, you can turn the power back on.
Do you need to replace an outlet or light switch in your home? The team at Mister Sparky is ready to assist you. Our team is prepared to help you when you are seeking assistance with your Jacksonville or home. You can hire us when you need an electrician in Orange Park, FL.