Are you dealing with electrical problems in your home? Here are a few emergency issues where calling a specialist to assist you is vital:
- Power Randomly Cutting Out – Have you noticed that the power in your home seems to drop out frequently at random points in the day? If your lights are cutting out when you turn on the microwave or you are dealing with frequent circuit breaker problems, this may be a sign that the wiring in your system no longer works correctly. Additionally, there may be a problem with your electrical panel.
- Rust or Moisture – The moment you notice rust or moisture around your circuit panel or any other part of your electrical system is the moment you should be calling an electrician to help you. Moisture and rust is a significant safety hazard and may lead to fires or someone getting shocked in your home.
- Sparking Outlets – Sparks coming out of your outlet is a huge deal. A stray spark can fly out and start a fire in your home. You should turn off the circuit and contact a specialist to help you. The sparking can be caused by a wide array of issues, such as water damage, home repairs, or too much heat buildup.
Contact the Jacksonville electrical contractors at Mister Sparky for more information about our emergency services. We are ready to make your home safe.
When the power goes out during a storm, it is crucial that you are prepared for the lights to be out for the long haul. Here are some tips to keep in mind if your power goes out:
- Have a Plan – Everyone who went through Hurricane Irma knows that it is important that you have a backup plan because your electricity may be out for many days. Contact family and friends outside of the area and see if you can stay with them. If not, make sure you invest in candles, flashlights, or gas lamps so you can keep the lights on.
- Unplug Your Electronics – When your power comes back on, there will be a power surge that could cause damage to your expensive electronics. Unplug computers, televisions, and game consoles, as well as turn off your AC to ensure that everything will work when the power comes back on.
- Eat Your Refrigerated Food First – If you know the power will be out for a while, you may want to consider eating any food in the refrigerator before it goes bad. You should eat dairy items first and go for anything in the freezer if the power has not come back on yet.
Count on the Jacksonville electrical contractors at Mister Sparky when you need assistance with your electrical system. If the power is back on and you are having problems with your system, you can count on our specialists to help you get everything working properly again.
As the year comes to an end, you should make sure that the electrical system in your home is working properly. Here are a handful of things you can do to check the functionality of your electrical system this season:
- Upgrade Your Light Bulbs – As the seasons change and it starts getting dark earlier, you will be relying on lamps and overhead lights to see in your home. This is an excellent time of the year to make sure that all of your light bulbs have been updated to energy-efficient LED bulbs. Using these bulbs will help lower your electric bill.
- Check Out Your Fire Detector – We know that things get a bit busy around this time of the year, but you should be testing your fire detectors at least once a month to make sure they are working properly. Take a few moments to make sure your detectors are working efficiently and replace any batteries if necessary.
- Make Sure Your Circuit Breaker is Working Efficiently – When was the last time you tested your circuit breaker? If it has been a while, you should consider turning it on and off. By doing this, you will stop it from becoming stuck and causing problems in the future.
Make sure the electrical system in your home is working correctly with help from Mister Sparky. Our Jacksonville electrical contractors can help you with upgrades around the house, such as installing new outlets and updating your wiring.
Many homeowners in Jacksonville were victims of flooding after Hurricane Irma and are still working on cleaning up their homes – even a month later! When you have to deal with flooding, it is essential to know how this devastating problem can affect your property.
- Get an Inspection from an Electrician – When your home floods, you have to deal with a wide array of issues, including damage to your electrical system. Before you turn the electricity back on, it is crucial that you have a licensed professional come to your home to inspect the electrical system.
- Wire Replacements – More often than not, the wiring in your home will need to be replaced. Flooding causes wire corrosion and failure issues, so you should assume that you will need to replace any wiring that was below the water line.
- Don’t Turn On Your Appliances – Not only does flooding damage the wiring in your home, but it will also affect your appliances. Appliances with insulation that get wet will have to be replaced, as the damp insulation itself cannot be replaced. Make sure you let all of your appliances dry for at least a week before turning them on.
Receive the assistance you need after a flood when you work contact the team at Mister Sparky. Our Jacksonville electrical contractors can assist you with your damaged electrical system, as well as help with a variety of additional electrical services.
Bringing a pet into the home is similar to bringing a child into the home – it’s important to make sure it’s safe! Here are some tips for people who are preparing to welcome a new dog or cat:
- Remove and Cover Cords – Puppies and kittens love to chew on things and get into all kinds of mischief. Electrical cords lying around the home may be one of those things. Before you bring a new puppy or kitten home, you should cover any exposed cords and make sure you get extension cords out of the way.
- Repair Broken Outlets – New pets are very curious. You should expect them to get into everything. Broken outlets in your home can put the safety of your animals at risk. We recommend fixing any broken outlets before bringing a new pup or kitty home to avoid any injuries.
- Update Wiring – If your wiring is not working properly in your home, that’s a problem for everyone – including your pets. Your cat or dog would be in danger if a faulty wire starts a fire while you’re not home. Make sure that your wiring is up to code as soon as possible when bringing a pet into the home.
Keeping your home safe is important for all of your family members, including the furry ones! Contact the Jacksonville electrical contractors at Mister Sparky when you need electrical repairs and more.
Is your electrical system working properly? If you are not sure, here are some signs you may need help from a professional electrician:
- Plugs Fall Out of the Socket – When you plug something into the wall, are your plugs falling right out? You may need to invest in new electrical outlets. A socket that can’t properly grip the prongs on a plug means that the contacts are loose. If you let this go, then it’s a possibility that these contacts can cause arching which can cause a fire.
- Bulbs Burn Out Fast – There are a wide array of reasons why a bulb may be burning out quickly in your home – you may have high voltage running through your home, the light bulb may not be plugged in correctly and arching is occurring, or your lights may be running too hot. You can hire a specialist to come and look at your lighting to provide you with more information.
- Buzzing Outlets – Do you hear a sound coming from your electrical outlets? If the answer is yes, then you have a problem. Your electrical outlets are never supposed to make a sound. There could be loose wiring or arching in the plug.
Make upgrades in your home with help from the Jacksonville electrical contractors at Mister Sparky. Our team is available to come to your location and provide you with efficient electrical repair services.
Finding someone to provide you with dependable electrical inspection services starts with a call to Mister Sparky. Our team checks for a wide array of issues, including the following:
Exterior Lighting and Outlets – You know that things can get pretty wet in Jacksonville, so it’s important to check out all of the outdoor lighting and outlets to make sure that they are in working order. If the lights are flickering often or the outlets are warm, you may have some big problems that should be taken care of as soon as possible.
Wiring – Making sure that the wiring in your home is up to date is vital. It doesn’t matter if your home was built before the 1950s or you are just doing an update to your property, we need to check for old wiring that may create safety hazards for you and your family.
Electrical Panels – Did you know that you’re not supposed to use certain electrical panels in your home anymore? It’s true. A good electrician doing an inspection on your home will make sure that your panel is up to date, as well as check to see if the panel is made to sufficiently power your entire home.
When you hire the Jacksonville electrical contractors from Mister Sparky to work on your home, you can rest assured that you are hiring talented and experienced electricians who only use advanced tools and proven methods to inspect your property. Contact us to learn more about our services today!
It’s important to have the best homeowner’s insurance to protect your investment and family. There are many issues that insurance companies take into account when writing a policy for your home. One of the things they look at is the home’s electrical system – specifically the electrical panel. This panel is the control center of your home’s electrical system and there are certain panels that insurance companies just won’t cover.
Federal Pacific Electrical Company panels are one of the biggest offenders. These panels were one of the most commonly used panels in US homes throughout the 1950s and into the 1980s, but eventually electricians and home inspectors discovered that these panels did not provide the proper protection. With just one short circuit or overcurrent, FPE panels will start to overheat and can quickly become a serious fire hazard.
Zinsco panels have also been shown to cause similar problems. Like FPE panels, Zinsco panels were once commonly used; however, as the electrical needs of today’s homeowners increased, these panels were no longer able to handle the heavy load.
If you’ve got either of these once status quo panels in your home, upgrading to a current panel as soon as possible is crucial to your safety and our team of Jacksonville electrical contractors is ready to help you make the switch.
Whether you are buying a new home or just getting a new insurance policy, it’s always important to make sure that your electrical panel is up to date. Contact us today to learn more about upgrading your panel.
Hanging your exterior lighting with care is very important, but you also need to make sure that your interior décor is nice and safe – that means making sure that your Christmas tree does not become a fire hazard. Here are some handy tips to keep your Christmas tree safe before Santa arrives:
Find a Fresh Tree – One of the best ways to avoid fires and electrical problems is to find a fresh tree. When you are purchasing your tree, you’ll want to look for vibrant, green selections with no brown needles.
Use Certified Safe Christmas Lights – You want to make sure you are using UL- or ETL/ITSNA-tested lighting for your tree. Never use exterior Christmas lights for your indoor décor.
Turn Out the Lights at Night – Are you just about ready to go to bed? Then turn out the lights on the tree. Letting them run all night means you won’t be awake to notice any problems until it’s too late. Santa will have no problem finding his way in the dark.
Electrical safety is very important in any location – be it at your home or your business. When you need Jacksonville electrical contractors to assist you with your problems, the staff at Mister Sparky is ready to help! From electrical inspections and wiring assistance to ceiling fan and generator installations services, we do it all.
When you call up an electrician, are you looking for someone who can schedule an appointment with you, arrive on time, and provide you with same-day assistance? Then the Jacksonville electrical contractors at Mister Sparky are the right team for your needs. You can come to us for general repairs, generator installations, ceiling fan installations, panel upgrades, and surge protection repairs, as well as many additional services.
As a locally-owned-and-operated company, we understand that it can be hard to find a dependable electrician in Jacksonville. That’s why we train our employees to treat you with respect and arrive at your location on the agreed upon time. Not only are we respectful, we also train our staff on state-of-the-art techniques that other electricians in the area do not provide. Naturally, we offer our repair and installation services at prices that you can afford, with flexible payment options.
It does not matter the size or the scope of the project, our Jacksonville electrical contractors are going to work hard to arrive at your location on the same day. Whether you are a homeowner dealing with an emergency or are looking for someone to repair a rental property, you can contact our team for dependable assistance. We’re on time, you’ll see, or the repair is free!