You should never have to worry about you or your family accidentally shocking themselves in your home. We have put together a handful of tips to help you keep your home safe at all times:
- Invest in Outlet Covers – It does not matter if you are dealing with pets or children, having outlet covers on hand is an ideal way to stop little fingers and paws from getting shocked. You can purchase covers from a variety of locations, such as hardware stores. They are typically featured in the childproofing areas.
- Turn Off Appliances – Do you have electronics in your home that are not used often? If the answer is yes, then you should consider turning them off. Making sure they are off ensures that no one is shocked if an accident occurs. Additionally, it will help you save money on your electric bill.
- Keep Electronics Away from Water – Bathrooms in older homes may not feature outlets in practical places. In these cases, you should hire a specialist to come to your location and install a new outlet that will keep you and your family members safe.
Invest in your home when you hire an electrician in Orange Park, FL, from Mister Sparky. Our business is known for providing a vast array of electrical repair and installation services throughout the area. You can call us today at (904) 222-2121 to speak with a member of our team today.
Making your home safe for the entire family is critical. From surge protectors to circuit interrupters, there are many different devices you can have installed to ensure that everyone is safe in your home at all times. One of these great selections is a tamper-resistant outlet.
These outlets, which are also known as tamper proof receptacles, are made for the parents of toddlers or young children. If your little ones are curious, you will eventually see them attempt to put something into an outlet. They feature plastic shutters that will remain in a closed position until they are activated at the same time by a plug. This means that it will not work if your child is sticking a toy or utensil in the outlet. Furthermore, building codes recommend that you install these outlets throughout your home during construction.
Update and improve your electrical outlets with help from the team at Mister Sparky. As the company to contact when you need a Jacksonville electrical service, we are ready to help you with new installations and repairs. You can call us today at (904) 802-0579 to request an appointment. A member of our team will come to your home, answer all of your questions, and make sure that all repairs are completed correctly.
For more than a century, many American homeowners have had access to electricity in the home. During this time, there have been many innovations that have changed and improved the way that we wire our homes.
In the early days of home wiring, most electricians used what is known as a knob-and-tube system. This process involved placing wires that have been covered in rubberized fabric in special cavities. They were held in place by porcelain knob insulators, which were kept safe via tube insulators. This system worked well in these early days, but there was one problem. The fabric on the wiring only lasted for about 25 years.
With this knowledge, electricians began using alternate materials to cover the wiring. Styles used throughout the early- and mid-20th century include metal conduit, flexible armor, and non-metallic wiring. Every update and innovation was made to ensure that homes were as safe as possible.
Do you know what kind of wiring was used in your home? If you own an older home, you may have some of this outdated wiring in use. You can trust the team at Mister Sparky when you are seeking one of the top electric companies in Jacksonville, FL. Our business is ready to assist you with wiring issues, as well as any other electrical repairs and updates in the home.
If your house was built or updated in the late 1960s, you might have aluminum wiring in your home. This wiring is not necessarily a bad thing, but the connections have been known to cause fires. In fact, many insurance companies will not provide you with coverage until this issue has been repaired.
A complete rewiring of your home will take care of this issue, but it is very expensive and a massive project. Instead of spending thousands of dollars, you can have a specialist make the connections safe by adding special COPALUM connectors to the end of your aluminum wiring. A trained electrician should always be installing these connectors. Please note that they may need to replace existing junction boxes to make room for these connectors. Once updated, you can send a photograph and your receipt to the insurance company. Additionally, you can rest assured that your family is a little bit safer in your home.
Whether you need an electrical inspection in Jacksonville or are looking for someone to help you make upgrades required by your insurance company, you can rest assured that the professionals at Mister Sparky will be able to help you. Our crew of experts works hard to provide you with fast and efficient services to ensure your home is safe at all times.
Summer is here! You know what that means: high energy bills. Instead of fretting every time you see your electric bill in the mail, you can follow these quality energy-saving tips from our team:
- AC Maintenance – One of the most significant costs you have to deal with is the energy used to power your AC. Before you push that unit to its limits, you should perform a little AC maintenance. This can be as simple as changing the filter and using a wet/dry vac to clear the drain line.
- Outlet Repairs – Many folks choose to spend those excruciatingly hot days indoors, watching Netflix on their devices. Make sure that the whole family has access to outlets by having someone come out to repair any outlets that do not work. Additionally, a professional can come to your location to install new outlets if you do not have enough in your home.
- Ceiling Fan Installations – There’s nothing more relaxing than coming home after the beach, taking a shower, and chilling out under a nice ceiling fan. If you do not have ceiling fans in your home, you can have one of our team members come to your location and provide you with one!
Make sure everything is working correctly in your home when you hire Orange Park electricians from Mister Sparky. Our crew is available to come toyour home and provide you with a wide array of electrical repair and installation services.
Upgrading your home is one of the many services that the team at Mister Sparky is happy to provide. When you are building a new home office, we can do the following for you:
- A Place to Charge Your Electronics – Do you have a ton of extension cords and power strips located in one area in your office space? Instead of risking a power surge, you can have us install new outlets in a convenient location. We are even able to install outlets featuring USB ports for your convenience.
- Add a Fan – If you are the type of person who starts to feel like the air is too stale if it isn’t moving, you can have a member of our team come to your location to install a ceiling fan in your office. With this fan, you will be able to keep things comfortable and breezy as you work.
- New Lighting – In addition to installing outlets and ceiling fans, our specialists can install upgraded lighting to ensure that the light in your location is perfect. We offer recessed lighting that adds ambiance and will make your office look modern.
Hire an electrician in Orange Park, FL, from our business to help you with your electrical needs. A member of our crew is happy to come to your location to see what we can do for you.
Have you ever reset a circuit on your circuit breaker box? If you have never had to mess with this, do not worry. Being able to reset a circuit is a vital skill that all homeowners should possess. Our team is happy to share our knowledge with you.
First of all, you need to find your circuit breaker box. It should be located in your garage, but it may be in the kitchen or bathroom. Once you are there, you can open the door and find the tripped breaker. It should be in the middle of the on and off position. At this point, flip the switch to the off position and then put it to the on position. If it stays in the on position, then check any of the appliances on the circuit. Everything should be working correctly if there are no additional problems.
Make sure that your circuit breaker is working properly when you hire a general electrician in Jacksonville from Mister Sparky. Our team is available to help you when you need a new electrical panel installed or help with your home wiring. We always arrive at your location in a timely manner and will take the time required to repair your system.
Step into the warmer seasons with electrical safety tips from Mister Sparky. The cooler days have left us, which means it’s time to start enjoying our outdoor areas again! We have put together some great tips to help you stay safe when using electronics outdoors:
- Be Safe Around the Pool – As you know, water and electricity do not mix. If you have outlets near your pool, you should ensure that they are equipped with ground fault circuit interrupters. These breakers are made to shut off electrical power in less than a second. Additionally, it would help if you considered having moisture covers installed on your outlets.
- Stay Safe with Extension Cords – If you need an extension cord to power your outdoor jams or television, there are a few rules you should follow. Make sure you have a cord that is made to be used outdoors, ensure that it can power the item you are plugging in, and always put it away after you are done using it.
- Clean Regularly – Do you still have piles of dry leaves and lawn debris around that you haven’t cleaned up the year? This debris could be hazardous. Take some time to sweep up any debris around your outdoor outlets and stay vigilant throughout the season.
Count on the specialists at Mister Sparky to provide you with a vast array of services. We are proud to feature talented Jacksonville and Orange Park electricians that always work hard to take care of our customers. Call us at (904) 802-0579 to meet with our specialists today.
The last few cold days of the year are behind us, which means it is time to turn on your ceiling fans. The team at Mister Sparky is available to provide you with ceiling fan installation services. With our help, you can rest assured that every room in your home will feel comfortable at all times.
A ceiling fan may not actually lower the temperature in a room, but it will make it feel like it’s at least three degrees cooler than it is. A smart homeowner can take advantage of this feeling. You can install ceiling fans in your home and then set your AC a couple of degrees higher than usual. Using this method, you can save as much as 40% on your energy bill.
In addition to saving you money, adding a ceiling fan can be a wise aesthetic choice for homeowners that want to add some new styles to their home. You can pick a fan in a primary color that matches the walls in the room, or you can choose something fancy that will look impressive whether it is on or off.
Call our specialists at (904) 802-0579 for more information about installing a new fan in your home. Whether you need help from an electrician in Orange Park, FL, or are seeking assistance in Jacksonville, we are happy to provide you with unparalleled services.
Water and electricity is a dangerous combo, which in turn makes your bathroom a dangerous place for people using electrical devices. We have put together a few tips to help you keep things safe in your bathroom:
- Be Mindful of Your Outlets – All outlets in your bathroom should be located in a place that is away from the shower or your sink. When they are placed too close to water sources, you or a member of your family could accidentally be shocked while using the facilities.
- Invest in Recessed Lighting – You should avoid any unnecessary wiring in your home, such as the wiring that comes along with any fancy lighting. When you choose recessed lighting, you are keeping fixtures away from all of the moisture that can accrue while someone is taking a particularly hot shower.
- Use Outlets with Ground Fault Circuit Interrupters – Using any outlet in the bathroom is dangerous, so installing a ground fault circuit interrupter outlet can make things safer. In the event of improper grounding, this addition will automatically shut down the power, stopping you from getting shocked.
Hire an electrician in Orange Park, FL, from Mister Sparky when you want to improve the safety in your bathroom. From installing new outlets to doing inspections, you can trust our electricians to update and upgrade this vital room.