Upgrading your home is one of the many services that the team at Mister Sparky is happy to provide. When you are building a new home office, we can do the following for you:
- A Place to Charge Your Electronics – Do you have a ton of extension cords and power strips located in one area in your office space? Instead of risking a power surge, you can have us install new outlets in a convenient location. We are even able to install outlets featuring USB ports for your convenience.
- Add a Fan – If you are the type of person who starts to feel like the air is too stale if it isn’t moving, you can have a member of our team come to your location to install a ceiling fan in your office. With this fan, you will be able to keep things comfortable and breezy as you work.
- New Lighting – In addition to installing outlets and ceiling fans, our specialists can install upgraded lighting to ensure that the light in your location is perfect. We offer recessed lighting that adds ambiance and will make your office look modern.
Hire an electrician in Orange Park, FL, from our business to help you with your electrical needs. A member of our crew is happy to come to your location to see what we can do for you.
Have you ever reset a circuit on your circuit breaker box? If you have never had to mess with this, do not worry. Being able to reset a circuit is a vital skill that all homeowners should possess. Our team is happy to share our knowledge with you.
First of all, you need to find your circuit breaker box. It should be located in your garage, but it may be in the kitchen or bathroom. Once you are there, you can open the door and find the tripped breaker. It should be in the middle of the on and off position. At this point, flip the switch to the off position and then put it to the on position. If it stays in the on position, then check any of the appliances on the circuit. Everything should be working correctly if there are no additional problems.
Make sure that your circuit breaker is working properly when you hire a general electrician in Jacksonville from Mister Sparky. Our team is available to help you when you need a new electrical panel installed or help with your home wiring. We always arrive at your location in a timely manner and will take the time required to repair your system.
Step into the warmer seasons with electrical safety tips from Mister Sparky. The cooler days have left us, which means it’s time to start enjoying our outdoor areas again! We have put together some great tips to help you stay safe when using electronics outdoors:
- Be Safe Around the Pool – As you know, water and electricity do not mix. If you have outlets near your pool, you should ensure that they are equipped with ground fault circuit interrupters. These breakers are made to shut off electrical power in less than a second. Additionally, it would help if you considered having moisture covers installed on your outlets.
- Stay Safe with Extension Cords – If you need an extension cord to power your outdoor jams or television, there are a few rules you should follow. Make sure you have a cord that is made to be used outdoors, ensure that it can power the item you are plugging in, and always put it away after you are done using it.
- Clean Regularly – Do you still have piles of dry leaves and lawn debris around that you haven’t cleaned up the year? This debris could be hazardous. Take some time to sweep up any debris around your outdoor outlets and stay vigilant throughout the season.
Count on the specialists at Mister Sparky to provide you with a vast array of services. We are proud to feature talented Jacksonville and Orange Park electricians that always work hard to take care of our customers. Call us at (904) 802-0579 to meet with our specialists today.
The last few cold days of the year are behind us, which means it is time to turn on your ceiling fans. The team at Mister Sparky is available to provide you with ceiling fan installation services. With our help, you can rest assured that every room in your home will feel comfortable at all times.
A ceiling fan may not actually lower the temperature in a room, but it will make it feel like it’s at least three degrees cooler than it is. A smart homeowner can take advantage of this feeling. You can install ceiling fans in your home and then set your AC a couple of degrees higher than usual. Using this method, you can save as much as 40% on your energy bill.
In addition to saving you money, adding a ceiling fan can be a wise aesthetic choice for homeowners that want to add some new styles to their home. You can pick a fan in a primary color that matches the walls in the room, or you can choose something fancy that will look impressive whether it is on or off.
Call our specialists at (904) 802-0579 for more information about installing a new fan in your home. Whether you need help from an electrician in Orange Park, FL, or are seeking assistance in Jacksonville, we are happy to provide you with unparalleled services.
Water and electricity is a dangerous combo, which in turn makes your bathroom a dangerous place for people using electrical devices. We have put together a few tips to help you keep things safe in your bathroom:
- Be Mindful of Your Outlets – All outlets in your bathroom should be located in a place that is away from the shower or your sink. When they are placed too close to water sources, you or a member of your family could accidentally be shocked while using the facilities.
- Invest in Recessed Lighting – You should avoid any unnecessary wiring in your home, such as the wiring that comes along with any fancy lighting. When you choose recessed lighting, you are keeping fixtures away from all of the moisture that can accrue while someone is taking a particularly hot shower.
- Use Outlets with Ground Fault Circuit Interrupters – Using any outlet in the bathroom is dangerous, so installing a ground fault circuit interrupter outlet can make things safer. In the event of improper grounding, this addition will automatically shut down the power, stopping you from getting shocked.
Hire an electrician in Orange Park, FL, from Mister Sparky when you want to improve the safety in your bathroom. From installing new outlets to doing inspections, you can trust our electricians to update and upgrade this vital room.
One of the most overlooked safety devices in any home is the smoke detector. It is crucial that you keep up with your detectors, installing new ones when necessary. Here are a few reasons why you should have them replaced:
- Moved to a New Home – Once you have moved into a new home, you need to take a look at your smoke detectors to see if they work correctly. If you discover that these detectors are broken or just older models that have not been wired to your system, you should consider getting them replaced.
- Not Enough Detectors – As a homeowner, you should have a detector installed outside of each bedroom. When you have hard-wired detectors near each bed, you can literally rest assured that your detectors will wake up everyone if there is a fire in the middle of the night. Additionally, a unit should be installed on every floor of your home.
- Ten Years Have Passed Since Your Last Update – If it has been a decade since you last replaced your smoke detectors, you should consider installing new ones in your home. Over the years, dust can collect in smoke detectors, making them less efficient. New units ensure that everything is working properly at all times.
The dedicated specialists at Mister Sparky are prepared to assist you when you are interested in smoke detector replacement in Jacksonville. With our help, you can be confident that your home and family members will be safe in the event of a fire.
Putting your home on the market can be stressful, as there are many parts of your property you must improve before starting the process. Check out these ways to improve your property value with electrical repairs and investments:
- Invest in Energy-Efficient Lighting – Whether you put in new LED lighting or are interested in selecting new fixtures that include motion sensors, energy-efficient lighting is a great way to increase your home value. By just replacing the lights that are most noticeable by potential buyers, you can improve your property value, as well as save money on your electric bill.
- Update Your Appliances – If you have bought a home, you know the feeling of walking into a house, only to discover that the appliances have not been updated in more than 50 years. You can replace your existing old appliances with new and efficient selections that will impress your potential buyers.
- Take Care of Wiring and Panels – Before you put your home on the market, you should have a professional take a look at the wiring and panels in your home. They can discover potential issues that a buyer may find on the initial inspection and fix it for you so it won’t become a bargaining chip in the closing process.
Make sure that the electrical system in your home is working correctly with help from the crew at Mister Sparky. Whether you need assistance from electrical contractors in Orange Park, FL, or would like a consultation from a professional in Jacksonville, our team is ready to help you improve your property.
When was the last time you made an effort to improve your electrical system? Our team has put together a short list to help you update your system:
- Schedule a System Checkup – If it has been a while since you had someone come out and check out your electrical system, then you should have a member of our team come to your location for an inspection. We can tell you about potential issues and let you know when the energy in your home is not able to work with your current AC unit and other appliances.
- Do a Personal Home Electrical Inspection – There are plenty of plugs and wires around your home that are used every day, but rarely inspected. Instead of letting them sit there, take a look at these outlets and cords to ensure that there are no loose-fitting plugs, frayed wires, or other issues.
- Start Replacing Broken and Inefficient Appliances – Are there appliances throughout your house that are on their last legs? Take some time to figure out what needs to be replaced and make the investment today. This is a wise idea for individuals who know they’ll be getting a decent tax return.
The Jacksonville electrical contractors at Mister Sparky are always available to assist you with your home electrical needs. From simple repairs to detailed inspections, our specialists are ready to help you.
2019 is here, so it’s time to start making resolutions. If one of your resolutions is to start saving money, our team can help! We have put together a small list of energy-saving tips for all homeowners:
- Change the Way You Do Laundry – As a homeowner, you know that your washer and dryer consume a large amount of energy. To lower costs in your home, you can start running these appliances at the lowest settings possible unless completely necessary. Additionally, you can stop splitting your loads into colors, darks, and whites.
- Stop Using Your Ice Maker – Your ice maker may be a useful tool in the summer, but you should know that it is one of the most significant power-sucking features. Start making ice in a plastic tray. You can cut the amount of power your refrigerator uses by about 20%.
- Have a Home Inspection – if you suspect that something in your home is making your energy bill ridiculously high, an electrical inspection may find the culprit. Have a specialist come out to your home to check out your wiring, outlets, and other parts of your electrical system.
Are you interested in more ideas? You can count on the team at Mister Sparky to assist you. Our electrical contractors in Orange Park, FL, are happy to help with repairs, updates, and new installations.
Are you interested in investing in an older home located in Riverside, Murray Hill, Springfield, or one of Jacksonville’s other historic areas? Before you do, it is crucial that you know you will most likely have to make some repairs. Here is a list of common electrical problems in older homes:
- Old Wiring – You may think the wiring in your older house is okay because it is working, but there could be many problems that you can’t see by flipping the light switch. Many older homes have wiring that has been damaged by pests or been worn down over time. If you keep old wiring in your home, it could start a fire.
- Outdated and Dead Outlets – Before you move into a home, check out all of the outlets to ensure that they are properly grounded and working. Many old houses have outlets that are no longer working correctly, as well as old two-prong outlets that are not made for our modern electronics.
- Flickering Lights – When you turn on the lights, do they flicker? This issue may happen occasionally but should not be happening all the time. If your lights constantly flicker, there may be a wiring issue or the light may be out of date. Additionally, it may be a sign that your electrical panel can no longer handle the power running through your home.
Make sure the energy in your home is working when you contact the Jacksonville electrical contractors at Mister Sparky. Our team is available to update and repair electrical problems in your home today.