As Halloween starts to wind down, it’s time to start thinking about the next holiday – Thanksgiving! Did you know that Thanksgiving is one of the leading days of the year for home fires? By being mindful and paying attention to details, you can keep your family safe. The specialists at Mister Sparky have put together a handful of electrical safety tips for your turkey day:
- Invest in New Smoke Detectors – When was the last time you checked your smoke detectors? Whether you have older detectors or are just looking for something new, the team at our business can provide you with brand new smoke detectors that are wired into your electrical system.
- Never Fight Electrical Fires with Water – If an electrical fire happens in your home, it is crucial that you do not throw water on it. Water conducts electricity. If you throw it on the fire, you can get shocked. Make sure you have a fire extinguisher on hand for these situations.
- Never Overload Your Outlets – It does not matter if it is Thanksgiving or any other holiday, you need to make sure you never overload your outlets. If you do not have enough outlets for your kitchen, you can have an electrician in Orange Park, FL, from our business provide you with new outlet installation services.
The team at Mister Sparky is there for you every day of the year. You can call us 24/7 at (904) 222-2121 to speak with a specialist from our business.
A damaged appliance is problematic for a lot of reasons. It is inconvenient, frustrating, and potentially dangerous. Did you know that your appliance can cause damage to your electrical system, as well as your home?
The first thing that usually happens when an electronic appliance begins to malfunction is it will send a burst of electricity into your system. Modern circuit breakers have been setup to turn off automatically when this happens. If you discover a tripped circuit breaker, than this issue could be a sign that something is happening. Before turning it back on, you may want to check out the appliances on that circuit to see what may be causing the problem. Do not turn the circuit back on, as the malfunctioning appliance could cause additional problems.
Your appliance could also start a fire. These fires are usually very small and located within the appliance, but they can spread when located near a wall, curtains, or any other item located near the unit. By taking the appliance out of the equation as soon as possible, you will be able to avoid this problem in the future.
If you are seeking a Jacksonville electrical service to assist you with issues related to damaged electrical systems, you can count on the team at Mister Sparky. We are ready to help you with your damaged system.
Finding the right electrician for your home can seem like a stressful task. You want to make sure that you select a specialist who will be able to perform the job you need at a price that will not break the bank. With our help, you will be able to hire a specialist who will be able to assist you in a fast and efficient manner.
When starting the selection process, you want to make sure that an electrician is properly licensed. A licensed electrician will be able to complete any job safely. If necessary, you can check online to ensure that the license is still valid and covers the tasks you need to be performed.
You also want to make sure that you are receiving services at the right price. Most people recommend getting as many as three quotes from electricians. When requesting the quote, make sure the electricians understand the task so they can break down the costs.
Once you have received quotes, take some time to read reviews of the electrician. Electricians who offer their services at a lower price are not always the best electricians for the job. A more experienced electrician who charges a little more may be the right specialist to take care of a complicated installation or repair. You can also consult with your friends and family to see what they think.
You can always feel confident that you are hiring the right electrician for the job when you hire someone from Mister Sparky. When you are doing an online search for the “best electricians near me,” the team at our company often shows up.
A ceiling fan is a great way to keep your home comfortable and cool all year long. If you have never installed one in your home, it may be hard to complete the task on your own. Here are a few reasons why you should consider hiring a specialist to assist you with the project:
- Speed – A specialist is able to install a ceiling fan faster than you could. Instead of wasting your entire weekend on a project that you may or may not finish, you can have someone come to your home and take care of it for you.
- Skill – Not only do our electricians work fast; they have years of experience installing all kinds of ceiling fans in homes. This means you can rest assured that everything has been built and appropriately wired. Additionally, you could void the warranty by installing it on your own.
- Safety – Taking on an electrical installation project on your own can be unsafe. No one wants to be shocked or have a spinning ceiling fan fall on them in the middle of the night. An electrician from our team will be able to inspect the fan to make sure it works correctly.
Count on the team at Mister Sparky when you are seeking Orange Park electricians to install your ceiling fan. Our business is dedicated to providing fast and efficient electrical installations.
Summer is starting to wind down, but it does not mean that hurricane season is over. In fact, hurricane season lasts until the end of November. Rest assured that you are prepared in an emergency situation when you have a generator installed in your home.
The most significant benefit to having a generator installed today is it will be there for you when there is an emergency. Whether a hurricane has knocked your power out or there is just a general outage in your neighborhood, you won’t have to sweat when the power goes out. With the right generator on hand, you will be able to keep your refrigerator, AC, and any other vital appliances running.
In addition to the peace of mind that you will have power, you will also be able to ensure that your home is safe at all times. When the power is out, any home security system that you have in place will most likely not be working. With a generator, you will be able to keep your security system running, as well as make sure everyone knows you are at home.
Work with the team at Mister Sparky when you want a new generator installed in your home. As one of the top electric companies in Jacksonville, FL, our specialists always work hard to make sure you receive exceptional products and services at all times.
You should never have to worry about you or your family accidentally shocking themselves in your home. We have put together a handful of tips to help you keep your home safe at all times:
- Invest in Outlet Covers – It does not matter if you are dealing with pets or children, having outlet covers on hand is an ideal way to stop little fingers and paws from getting shocked. You can purchase covers from a variety of locations, such as hardware stores. They are typically featured in the childproofing areas.
- Turn Off Appliances – Do you have electronics in your home that are not used often? If the answer is yes, then you should consider turning them off. Making sure they are off ensures that no one is shocked if an accident occurs. Additionally, it will help you save money on your electric bill.
- Keep Electronics Away from Water – Bathrooms in older homes may not feature outlets in practical places. In these cases, you should hire a specialist to come to your location and install a new outlet that will keep you and your family members safe.
Invest in your home when you hire an electrician in Orange Park, FL, from Mister Sparky. Our business is known for providing a vast array of electrical repair and installation services throughout the area. You can call us today at (904) 222-2121 to speak with a member of our team today.
Making your home safe for the entire family is critical. From surge protectors to circuit interrupters, there are many different devices you can have installed to ensure that everyone is safe in your home at all times. One of these great selections is a tamper-resistant outlet.
These outlets, which are also known as tamper proof receptacles, are made for the parents of toddlers or young children. If your little ones are curious, you will eventually see them attempt to put something into an outlet. They feature plastic shutters that will remain in a closed position until they are activated at the same time by a plug. This means that it will not work if your child is sticking a toy or utensil in the outlet. Furthermore, building codes recommend that you install these outlets throughout your home during construction.
Update and improve your electrical outlets with help from the team at Mister Sparky. As the company to contact when you need a Jacksonville electrical service, we are ready to help you with new installations and repairs. You can call us today at (904) 802-0579 to request an appointment. A member of our team will come to your home, answer all of your questions, and make sure that all repairs are completed correctly.
For more than a century, many American homeowners have had access to electricity in the home. During this time, there have been many innovations that have changed and improved the way that we wire our homes.
In the early days of home wiring, most electricians used what is known as a knob-and-tube system. This process involved placing wires that have been covered in rubberized fabric in special cavities. They were held in place by porcelain knob insulators, which were kept safe via tube insulators. This system worked well in these early days, but there was one problem. The fabric on the wiring only lasted for about 25 years.
With this knowledge, electricians began using alternate materials to cover the wiring. Styles used throughout the early- and mid-20th century include metal conduit, flexible armor, and non-metallic wiring. Every update and innovation was made to ensure that homes were as safe as possible.
Do you know what kind of wiring was used in your home? If you own an older home, you may have some of this outdated wiring in use. You can trust the team at Mister Sparky when you are seeking one of the top electric companies in Jacksonville, FL. Our business is ready to assist you with wiring issues, as well as any other electrical repairs and updates in the home.
If your house was built or updated in the late 1960s, you might have aluminum wiring in your home. This wiring is not necessarily a bad thing, but the connections have been known to cause fires. In fact, many insurance companies will not provide you with coverage until this issue has been repaired.
A complete rewiring of your home will take care of this issue, but it is very expensive and a massive project. Instead of spending thousands of dollars, you can have a specialist make the connections safe by adding special COPALUM connectors to the end of your aluminum wiring. A trained electrician should always be installing these connectors. Please note that they may need to replace existing junction boxes to make room for these connectors. Once updated, you can send a photograph and your receipt to the insurance company. Additionally, you can rest assured that your family is a little bit safer in your home.
Whether you need an electrical inspection in Jacksonville or are looking for someone to help you make upgrades required by your insurance company, you can rest assured that the professionals at Mister Sparky will be able to help you. Our crew of experts works hard to provide you with fast and efficient services to ensure your home is safe at all times.
Summer is here! You know what that means: high energy bills. Instead of fretting every time you see your electric bill in the mail, you can follow these quality energy-saving tips from our team:
- AC Maintenance – One of the most significant costs you have to deal with is the energy used to power your AC. Before you push that unit to its limits, you should perform a little AC maintenance. This can be as simple as changing the filter and using a wet/dry vac to clear the drain line.
- Outlet Repairs – Many folks choose to spend those excruciatingly hot days indoors, watching Netflix on their devices. Make sure that the whole family has access to outlets by having someone come out to repair any outlets that do not work. Additionally, a professional can come to your location to install new outlets if you do not have enough in your home.
- Ceiling Fan Installations – There’s nothing more relaxing than coming home after the beach, taking a shower, and chilling out under a nice ceiling fan. If you do not have ceiling fans in your home, you can have one of our team members come to your location and provide you with one!
Make sure everything is working correctly in your home when you hire Orange Park electricians from Mister Sparky. Our crew is available to come toyour home and provide you with a wide array of electrical repair and installation services.