As Halloween starts to wind down, it’s time to start thinking about the next holiday – Thanksgiving! Did you know that Thanksgiving is one of the leading days of the year for home fires? By being mindful and paying attention to details, you can keep your family safe. The specialists at Mister Sparky have put together a handful of electrical safety tips for your turkey day:
- Invest in New Smoke Detectors – When was the last time you checked your smoke detectors? Whether you have older detectors or are just looking for something new, the team at our business can provide you with brand new smoke detectors that are wired into your electrical system.
- Never Fight Electrical Fires with Water – If an electrical fire happens in your home, it is crucial that you do not throw water on it. Water conducts electricity. If you throw it on the fire, you can get shocked. Make sure you have a fire extinguisher on hand for these situations.
- Never Overload Your Outlets – It does not matter if it is Thanksgiving or any other holiday, you need to make sure you never overload your outlets. If you do not have enough outlets for your kitchen, you can have an electrician in Orange Park, FL, from our business provide you with new outlet installation services.
The team at Mister Sparky is there for you every day of the year. You can call us 24/7 at (904) 222-2121 to speak with a specialist from our business.
You should never have to worry about you or your family accidentally shocking themselves in your home. We have put together a handful of tips to help you keep your home safe at all times:
- Invest in Outlet Covers – It does not matter if you are dealing with pets or children, having outlet covers on hand is an ideal way to stop little fingers and paws from getting shocked. You can purchase covers from a variety of locations, such as hardware stores. They are typically featured in the childproofing areas.
- Turn Off Appliances – Do you have electronics in your home that are not used often? If the answer is yes, then you should consider turning them off. Making sure they are off ensures that no one is shocked if an accident occurs. Additionally, it will help you save money on your electric bill.
- Keep Electronics Away from Water – Bathrooms in older homes may not feature outlets in practical places. In these cases, you should hire a specialist to come to your location and install a new outlet that will keep you and your family members safe.
Invest in your home when you hire an electrician in Orange Park, FL, from Mister Sparky. Our business is known for providing a vast array of electrical repair and installation services throughout the area. You can call us today at (904) 222-2121 to speak with a member of our team today.
Upgrading your home is one of the many services that the team at Mister Sparky is happy to provide. When you are building a new home office, we can do the following for you:
- A Place to Charge Your Electronics – Do you have a ton of extension cords and power strips located in one area in your office space? Instead of risking a power surge, you can have us install new outlets in a convenient location. We are even able to install outlets featuring USB ports for your convenience.
- Add a Fan – If you are the type of person who starts to feel like the air is too stale if it isn’t moving, you can have a member of our team come to your location to install a ceiling fan in your office. With this fan, you will be able to keep things comfortable and breezy as you work.
- New Lighting – In addition to installing outlets and ceiling fans, our specialists can install upgraded lighting to ensure that the light in your location is perfect. We offer recessed lighting that adds ambiance and will make your office look modern.
Hire an electrician in Orange Park, FL, from our business to help you with your electrical needs. A member of our crew is happy to come to your location to see what we can do for you.
The last few cold days of the year are behind us, which means it is time to turn on your ceiling fans. The team at Mister Sparky is available to provide you with ceiling fan installation services. With our help, you can rest assured that every room in your home will feel comfortable at all times.
A ceiling fan may not actually lower the temperature in a room, but it will make it feel like it’s at least three degrees cooler than it is. A smart homeowner can take advantage of this feeling. You can install ceiling fans in your home and then set your AC a couple of degrees higher than usual. Using this method, you can save as much as 40% on your energy bill.
In addition to saving you money, adding a ceiling fan can be a wise aesthetic choice for homeowners that want to add some new styles to their home. You can pick a fan in a primary color that matches the walls in the room, or you can choose something fancy that will look impressive whether it is on or off.
Call our specialists at (904) 802-0579 for more information about installing a new fan in your home. Whether you need help from an electrician in Orange Park, FL, or are seeking assistance in Jacksonville, we are happy to provide you with unparalleled services.
Water and electricity is a dangerous combo, which in turn makes your bathroom a dangerous place for people using electrical devices. We have put together a few tips to help you keep things safe in your bathroom:
- Be Mindful of Your Outlets – All outlets in your bathroom should be located in a place that is away from the shower or your sink. When they are placed too close to water sources, you or a member of your family could accidentally be shocked while using the facilities.
- Invest in Recessed Lighting – You should avoid any unnecessary wiring in your home, such as the wiring that comes along with any fancy lighting. When you choose recessed lighting, you are keeping fixtures away from all of the moisture that can accrue while someone is taking a particularly hot shower.
- Use Outlets with Ground Fault Circuit Interrupters – Using any outlet in the bathroom is dangerous, so installing a ground fault circuit interrupter outlet can make things safer. In the event of improper grounding, this addition will automatically shut down the power, stopping you from getting shocked.
Hire an electrician in Orange Park, FL, from Mister Sparky when you want to improve the safety in your bathroom. From installing new outlets to doing inspections, you can trust our electricians to update and upgrade this vital room.
The New Year is around the corner, which means it is time to start thinking about home upgrades and improvements. Here are a few recommendations from the team at Mister Sparky:
- Update Your Wiring – How long have you been living in your home? If you have been there for a few decades and have not had someone check out the wiring in your home, now is a great time to start. An electrician from our business can do an inspection to see if there are any potential problems.
- Have New Smoke Detectors Installed – You may not think about it, but smoke detectors are incredibly important. There have been many upgrades and updates made to smoke detectors over the last 20 years, so call us today. We will send out an electrician in Orange Park, FL, to your home.
- Expand Your System – Have you noticed that you are running out of electrical outlets in your home? You can have new outlets installed when you work with our team. Not only will we install new outlets, but our specialists will also update any older outlets that do not work correctly.
Call our electricians today at (904) 802-0579 to discuss your project. Our team is known for being responsive and working with you to ensure that your electrical system works properly.
As a homeowner, it is crucial that you have specialists come to your location to help you with your problems. We have put together a small list of electrical problems that require the assistance of an electrician:
- Switch and Outlet Sounds – When you flip a switch on an outlet in your home, there should be no sounds that come along with it. If you start to hear humming sounds, as well as popping and buzzing, there may be a problem. It could be something as simple as a loose connection, or it could be as problematic as sparking in the walls of your home.
- Strange Smells from Outlets – Electrical outlets in your home should not smell like anything. The moment you smells smoke or a burning smell is the moment you should be calling a professional to help you. There may be a problem with the wiring that could eventually cause a fire.
- Multiple Broken Outlets – Outlets will break every now and again, but numerous broken outlets may be the sign of a more significant problem. Your outlets could be burned out because of a short circuit issue. An electrician in Orange Park, FL, from our business will be able to tell you the source of the outlet failures.
Keep the electrical system in your home in working order when you hire specialists from the team at Mister Sparky. Our business is dedicated to providing you with high-end electrical repair and installations services in Jacksonville, as well as the surrounding communities.
Light switches are built to last. Many switches will last for decades. Sooner or later, they will start to fail. Here are some of the signs that you need to replace your light switches:
- Hot Switches – Have you noticed that your light switch or panel is feeling hot to the touch? There may be a problem with your switch. It is normal for the switch to be a little warm, but if it is hot to the touch, then this is the sign of a severe electrical problem and could cause a fire.
- Electricity Delay – When you turn on the switch, pay attention to the lights. If you notice that there is a delay between the moment that you flip the lights on and the light turning on, then the electrical contacts in the panel are no longer working properly. You should replace the switch soon, as it will eventually stop working.
- Strange Sounds – An unusual sound, such as popping, hissing, or crackling, is a sign that live electricity is arching within the switch. This is a big deal and can cause a fire if not handled properly. Call an electrician to help you right away when you notice these sounds.
The team at Mister Sparky is ready to help you with your home. You can hire an electrician in Orange Park, FL, from our business to come to your location and help you with light switches, electrical outlets, and other electrical issues in your home. Contact us today and see why people all over the area love working with the team at our business.
Making home upgrades is a wise move for any homeowner. Electrical upgrades can make your home safer and even increase your property value. Take a look at these excellent recommendations:
- Install New Lighting – When was the last time you added new lighting to your home? If you have been living in your current house for more than a decade, new lighting is a smart investment. Our team is available to provide you with high-end recessed lighting that will look magnificent in your living room or kitchen.
- Update Your Electrical Panel – If you live in an older home and are regularly dealing with flickering lights, you should consider having us install a new electrical panel. There are many panels out there that have been recalled over the years, including Zisco and Federal Pacific panels. If you notice one of these panels in your home, you should make the upgrade as soon as possible.
- Add New Electrical Outlets – Every home could use a few extra electrical outlets. It may seem like an easy thing to do on your own, but an electrician in Orange Park, FL, from our business can come in and perform the additions safely and efficiently.
Call us today at (904) 802-0579 for more information about our services. Our courteous and friendly electricians are proud to service Jacksonville, Orange Park, Ponte Vedra, and other locations throughout the community.
Are you having an issue with a circuit breaker tripping? Here are a few reasons why:
- Defective Appliances – Does your power cut off every time you use an appliance in your home? There may be a problem with the wiring of that specific appliance that is causing problems. You should consider having the appliance looked at by a professional before using it every day.
- Overloaded Circuit – When you use too many electrical appliances on a circuit that cannot draw that much power, you are dealing with an overloaded circuit. Take a look at how many things are plugged in. If you have a lot of different appliances plugged into a power strip, you may need to reconsider what you have plugged in.
- Short Circuit and Ground Fault Issues – When a hot wire crosses a ground or neutral wire, circuits begin to heat. This issue causes your circuit breaker to trip. An electrician should be able to take a look at your system to assist you with this issue.
When you need to hire an electrician in Orange Park, FL, as well as Jacksonville and Ponte Vedra, you can trust the team at Mister Sparky. We are available to assist you with circuit breaker issues, as well as a wide array of other problems.